We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Day Universal Ticket for Orlando

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
1 Day Universal Ticket for Orlando

Hi All,

Going to Orlando during October\November this year for five days with my teenage niece and two other adults.

Is it possible to buy one day tickets for Disney Animal Kingdom, Disney Hollywood Studios, also is it universal theme park, you know Harry Potter, The Mummy Transformers etc.

I've checked out the price of a seven day pass for Disney and the 4 park universal but I don't want to see any of the other parks.

Any advice really appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,480 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: 1 Day Universal Ticket for Orlando

Disney is 4 main parks - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Universal has 2 main parks - Universal and Islands of Adventure - both these have Harry Potter areas. You can get a two day ticket for Disney if you just want Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, you can get a two day ticket for Universal and Islands (lots of good rides in both parks beside Harry Potter), also you'd need park to park tickets if you want to ride the Harry Potter train between the two parks. You can buy tickets direct from Disney and Universal (US sites) or Undercovertourist. :)

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
8,318 posts
83 reviews
2. Re: 1 Day Universal Ticket for Orlando

I would compare the 7-day ticket against buying 2-day tickets, it may work out cheaper.

You would also want to get these in advance so you can book fast passes. Believe me, it will be a long day if you don't get any. Yes, there will be slower rides with maybe shorter queues, but for any of the major rides, especially at Animal kingdom, you will need the fast pass.

2 Parks at Universal, next to each other, both have Harry Potter sections, if you want to see both you can get it done in a very long day, but will need a park to park tickets to do this.

As you will be going when Halloween is on then try and pick a Magic Kingdom day when there is no ticketed party event, this means the park will close at 7 pm to non ticketed partygoers. Or consider going to this instead, Mickeys Not So scary Haloween Party, You get in from 4 pm, the party starts at 7pm, you can book fast passes between these times. These tickets will be cheaper than day tickets

Universal Studios does a very adult version of Halloween parties called Halloween horror nights, they are on most nights throughout September and October and Studios closes at 5 pm to non party guests. Closer to your dates they will list the nights so you can pick a day where you will get more time in the park and make it worth the money.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: 1 Day Universal Ticket for Orlando

Thank you princess51 advice very much appreciated.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: 1 Day Universal Ticket for Orlando

thank you helpmebob26 advice very much appreciated.

Reply to: 1 Day Universal Ticket for Orlando
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted