We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida this year or next?

4 posts
Save Topic
Florida this year or next?

Hi guys.

Looking to go to Florida with wife and are 3 young kids for 2 weeks or more but struggling to work out when best to go.

Looked at end August holidays first and prices I can find are around £750 pp.

Now looking at end of Oct 2018 and prices I can find are are £550 pp and could take advantage of the Disney offer of 14days Park ticks for price of 7 which would save around £2000.

But wife has suggested waiting till April to book to see what offers they have with Disney Dinning plans for a 2019 holiday. But that would mean having to stay at a Disney hotel which I presume would be way more than £550 pp and missing out on Disney park offer which ends in March.

(Prices I am finding are with 1 stop of around 2-3 hours each way)

Any thoughts on what best to do?

Would Disney likely have another offer on tickets for 2019?

What’s the best website to look for flights and hotels... I have been using ebookers mainly.

Any help appreciated

Joel

28 replies to this topic
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida this year or next?

Disney tickets have been on offer for years(UK)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida this year or next?

Agreed. Dont worry about the ticket offer it is always 14 days for 7. Not really a offer.

If you are looking at April next year and you can stay in a disney moderate you could be looking at Free quick service dining plan (which saved me a lot of money) a $250 disney card and free memory maker based on this years offers.

Bear in mind dont travel at Easter, way to busy.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida this year or next?

With three young kids the Dining plan would be a great save, yes the price would be more, but it’s grrat not to have to pay for food or treats when there. Also the Disney transport is a winner in my book tho I know not everybody is a fan.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
8,249 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida this year or next?

The Disney tickets will have a price increase sometime in February, but the UK ticket deal is ongoing, There may be a slight increase but the 14 for 7 will still be on making it a better deal for us.

Yes if you take up the free dining you have to stay on property, but we have always found this the better option. On time saving alone we love this option, Last year we did a split stay between Disney and Universal. On our last day we decided to go back to the Magic Kingdom so had to go through the Ticket and Transportation centre. If I had to do this every day using an outside hotels shuttle service I just would give up. 90* heat and the queues was too much for me.

Last 2 years we have managed to get the free dining, and even though there is just the 2 of us, found it great.

We stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, which is a moderate so you get Quick Service plan. The Art of Animation is classed as a Value but can have Moderate price range due to having family suites. They get a free breakfast, but as it is a "credit" you get, can be used at other times of the day,

If you are settled on going this year I would go for October as there will still be heat but no humidity.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida this year or next?

As the other guys have said, the ticket offer will always be running.

You'll find various opinions about free dining, and it depends on where you stay as to how good the value is. We always book with the free dining deal, and you can save a lot if you would intend to eat frequently within Disney. You will find that some hotels don't sleep 5 so that may limit your choices a little (depending on how old your youngest is) but there should still be choices at each hotel category. We also really like to stay 'in the bubble' and use Disney transport, but if you would be hiring a car anyway, you will get better value accomodation outside of Disney.

We always book flights seperate to the accomodation. There are some good package deals available but generally better on price for villas than they are for hotels.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida this year or next?

Thank you for the replies.

How much would it likely be (roughly) for a Disney hotel next year with dining plan? Does around £1100 pp for a value hotel in off peak time sound about right?

Do you guys know the best sites in the UK to look at for hotel and flights

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
8,249 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida this year or next?

Go onto the Disney website

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/

put in your date for this October and do a dummy booking and it will show you the price, even add dining plan and you will see what you can save if you go for next year.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
8,249 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida this year or next?

No idea how old your kids are but you said young so I just did a dummy run with ages 3 5 and 7, Disney kids tickets stop at 9 years then they are classed as adults, also added quick serve dining plan.

At the moment this includes 4 free nights £5,803.97.

They only show Art of Animation for a Value but that could be others have a room occupancy of 4.

Hope this helps. Obviously take off Dining Plan and thats a £1,600 saving.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida this year or next?

Two years ago I paid £3.8k for two adults and one child to stay at CBR for two weeeks in May.

This included Quick service plan, Disney tickets and virgin flight from Gatwick.

So yes depending when you go I think you could do it.

Not everyone likes the dining plan but I loved it. So much choice and it was like being all inclusive so saved a fortune on food. My only regret was not upgrading to table disney plan.

This year I am going in October staying at AKL and have table dining plan, free €250 gift card and free memory maker.

Do the sums as it was cheaper for me in the long run to stay in a moderate with full quick dining plan than just get one credit with the value hotels

Edited: 11 February 2018, 23:30
Level Contributor
1 post
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Florida this year or next?

There really is no absolute need to stay at a Disney Resort. There are plenty of off-site resorts that are nicer and much better value. We’ve stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek a few times and it has the luxury of a Hilton, the location of Disney properties and is great for children. It will also likely get you more for your money. Given that there are dozens of restaurants to eat at that are great value, it won’t cost the earth to not have a dining plan. Having looked at the dining plan before, you pretty much pay for it in other ways. In terms of what time of year to visit, we always go the last week in May / first week in June, great weather and crowds really subside after Memorial Day.

Reply to: Florida this year or next?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted