We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

Saint Louis Park...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

Problem with Kim Dennis, owner of units at South Seas Resort. I booked with her through VRBO in September 2017. She questioned whether she wanted to rent to me after I had already committed my credit card info. At first I argued, but then decided it was not a good fit. I asked Ms. Davis to cancel my booking that same day. She refused to cancel, instead changed the date of my reservation to 2019. VRBO said I had to wait and see if she rebooked on the actual date, which was 4.5 months later. I kept checking the VRBO page and about 6 weeks before the rental date in February, the unit was marked unavailable. Now Kim Dennis claims she could not rebook—in February on Captiva on the beach! and she refuses to give me my money back. I would sue but, of course, I live out of state. I complained to VRBO and they told me essentially that she can just keep the money because it is “non refundable,” even though the contract requires reasonable efforts to rebook. How can this be fair when the unit was off the market, if at all, for less than one day? Be careful before you commit your money to this landlord!

14 replies to this topic
North Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

Did you notify your credit card company at the time that you cancelled the booking? I think that might have been your only chance to get out of this. The weather in South Florida was much colder than usual in December and January this year, so it is possible that late bookings were down. The weather in February, however, has been great so maybe the owner decided to go there herself. Booking through VRBO doesn't really make renting safe. You still need to very careful, just as you've said.

Saint Louis Park...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

After I complained to the Florida Attorney General’s Office and the Department of Agriculture and Commerce, as well as disputing the charge with my credit card company, Ms. Dennis returned my deposit minus fees, which amounted to about $699.00. She said I wasn’t entitled to it, but she made a “business decision” not to fight.

United States
Level Contributor
7,109 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

Her "business decision" should have been made much earlier. It would have avoided the bad publicity for herself and her properties.

Glad you were able to recoup most of your money.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

This is Kim's rental business website:

kimsluxuryrentals.com/index.php/property/38/…

You can see she owns 8 units at south seas.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

I would also point out that TripAdvisor will post rental reviews, but VRBO and Homeaway as I understand it, will only post with agreement of both parties. So your story would never be known except for this travel forum. Something renters who rely on feedback from previous customers should be away of.

Saint Louis Park...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

Actually, she just TOLD the agency that she wasn’t contesting the credit card dispute, but then she DID contest it, and I have not gotten my money back. I am sick of disputing this and have decided to stop fighting. But I repeat, watch out for this owner. I am very disappointed, and this has greatly diminished my desire to vacation on Captiva or use Homeaway or VRBO any time soon. Instead, we stayed at Sanibel Arms and have been very happy with them.

Edited: 01 May 2018, 02:29
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

Airbnb is a much better site to use, from the consumer standpoint.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

Perhaps notify the Florida States' Attorney General again and give them an update. I would also contact South Seas corporation and see if there was any violation in their terms of owners rental responsibilities. I would also contact the Island Reporter and the local Chamber of Commerce. I hate to see someone taken advantage of and know how tedious and upsetting this must have been.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
67 reviews
9. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

Kim is not affiliated with South Seas Resort even though her properties are behind the gate. So south seas can't help.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
52 reviews
10. Re: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas

Is there a type of "community standards board" at South Seas? Something with bylaws about renting your property?

Reply to: Problem with condo owner Kim Dennis @ South Seas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Captiva Island
Recent Conversations