We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad is traffic in the morning from Tampa to Naples

Tampa
1 post
Save Topic
How bad is traffic in the morning from Tampa to Naples

I have to get to Naples by eleven tomorrow and i'm in Tampa. The trip says it will take two and a half hours to get there. Do i need to plan on giving more time with traffic.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How bad is traffic in the morning from Tampa to Naples

In a word, Yes. You will be on I75 at peek rush hour traffic so I would allow an additional hour at the minimum.

Have a safe trip!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad is traffic in the morning from Tampa to Naples

It really depends on your starting point in Tampa. Once you get on I-75 the only thing to delay you will be if there is an accident. Otherwise it will be plain sailing on I-75 and you could easily do it in 2.5 hours, if you drive at just under 80 mph on I-75.

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How bad is traffic in the morning from Tampa to Naples

You'll get some congestion around Sarasota, and again at Fort Myers where they're widening I-75.

Other than that, it shouldn't be too bad -- I'd leave 3 hours to be on the safe side, as it depends on WHERE in Tampa you're leaving from.

I used to live in South Hillsborough (25-30 minutes from most of Tampa), and 2 hours would get me to the Fort Myers airport -- not to Naples.

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
4. Re: How bad is traffic in the morning from Tampa to Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 21:51