We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tree Lighting

PlymouthMA
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tree Lighting

Hi, my family will be spending Thanksgiving week in Naples. Would anyone know if there is a Christmas tree lighting taking place that week? Also, I'm aware there is a church in Naples that has a Christmas "Living Tree" in which the choir performs.

Can anyone tell me if this might be happening this early in the season? Family includes two granddaughters, 17 and 11. Thanks for any help.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tree Lighting

Unfortunately, the tree lighting is December 4th on Fifth Avenue. The Christmas Living Tree from what I found takes place at the First Baptist Church of Naples. They do not have anything listed on their calendar for this, however. Maybe you can call or email them?

http://www.fbcn.org/

Enjoy your stay in Naples!

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
dover,nh
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Tree Lighting

The annual Festival of Lights and Tree Lighting event will take place on 3rd St. in Naples from 5:00-9:00pm on Monday, Nov.24. It's a fantastic event....entertainment on every corner, snow guns(actually blow soap bubbles), a mini parade, food and lots more). I have been attending for about 6 years and wouldn't miss it.

Plan to get there early as parking is at a premium. Many streets are closed down so people can roam around.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
PlymouthMA
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tree Lighting

Thanks to all for the info. Did find the 3rd St. lighting on my own LOL and thrilled to hear it is well worth going to. Dying to see what the FL version of snow is!

4. Re: Tree Lighting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 15:57