We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Handsome Harrys a Good Place to Celebrate my mom's b-day?

Wash., DC
Level Contributor
38 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Is Handsome Harrys a Good Place to Celebrate my mom's b-day?

Our family is convening in Naples for my mom's 75th birthday, which is Nov. 28. We are having dinner at Roy's on Wed. night, a private family Thanksgiving dinner at the Ritz on Thursday night, and have a reservation on Sat. at Pazzo. For her birthday Friday I have made a reservation at Handsome Harry's. What do people think of all these arrangements (I'm in Washington, DC!), particularly Handsome Harrys? The other possibility they had (we're 20 people!) was Yabba Island Grill . We could do The Grill at the Ritz Carlton, but a steak is a steak, right? Do you need to spend $50 for one when you can spend $30?

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Yabba Island Grill
Yabba Island Grill
1,214 Reviews
Naples, FL
Mediterrano
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
Lima Restaurant and Pisco Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Peruvian, Latin, Seafood
Cesibon
₹, Italian, French
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Handsome Harrys a Good Place to Celebrate my mom's b-day?

Personally, I thinks Roy's and Pazzo are better for a birthday restaurant than Handsome Harry's.

Campiello's, next door to Harry's is much nicer and excellent, authentic Italian food. The back garden area is very nice and would be nice for a party. I don't think Yabba's is place to celebrate a 75th b'day. It's too casual in my opinion.

campiello.damico.com/locations/fl_naples.asp

Another option is Ridgeway Bar & Grill. They also have a nice garden area.

http://www.ridgwaybarandgrill.com/

M Waterfront Grill in Venetian Village is yet another option. I haven't been there since they remodeled and changed the name from Maxwells but I always liked it and there are nice views of the bay. It's worth a look.

http://www.mwaterfrontgrille.com/home.htm

Enjoy and Happy Birthday to mom!!

Mentioned in this post
M Waterfront Grille
M Waterfront Grille
732 Reviews
Naples, FL
Wash., DC
Level Contributor
38 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Handsome Harrys a Good Place to Celebrate my mom's b-day?

Apparently Campiellos was booked both nights. I could try and switch the Roy's reservation to Friday night and do something else on Wed. Thanks. Have you been to The Grill?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Handsome Harrys a Good Place to Celebrate my mom's b-day?

I had the pleasure of dining at the Grill once. It is a really beautiful restaurant and cannot compare to any of the restaurants I mentioned. If it is within your budget then The Grill would be my choice for sure. I don't think you will get better service anywhere.

Good luck with your decision.

4. Re: Is Handsome Harrys a Good Place to Celebrate my mom's b-day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 15:54