We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Maryland to Miami, Florida

Baltimore, Maryland
4 posts
Driving from Maryland to Miami, Florida

We are planning for a road trip in Dec, 2018 from Columbia, MD to Miami, FL. We are 4 with 2 kids in between 2-5. This would be our first family road trip. Planning for a 2 day trip so i need of places to stop at during the night/day break. And which would be a good mid point to stop at.

4 replies to this topic
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
19,172 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Driving from Maryland to Miami, Florida

This is waaay more than a Miami Beach question. Repost on the Road Trips forum for better results.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,891 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: Driving from Maryland to Miami, Florida

The Road Trips forum will be very help. A couple suggested stops, South of the Border is a touristy but kind of neat place to stop and stretch your legs and look at souveniers. Charleston SC and or Savannah, Ga are good for an overnight. St. Augustine will be beautifully decorated for the holidays. All 3 cities are historical.

Warren, New Jersey
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Driving from Maryland to Miami, Florida

We drive from Norfolk Va. To Miami a few times a year. It takes about 15-16 hours. We stop along 95 near Savannah, GA. Sometimes we go about 1 hour south. The freeway hotels are very reasonable along 95 in So. Carolina and Ga.($60 to $120) For an extended stay, stop in the historic city of Savannah and spend a few hours there. It's about 35 minutes from 95.

Laurel, Maryland
1 post
4. Re: Driving from Maryland to Miami, Florida

U need a extra driver sir I was supposed to drive down there today but I can only do 10 hours by myself not 16 hours am looking for a driver or someone who’s going down there I have a rental car already

Reply to: Driving from Maryland to Miami, Florida
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted