We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City view room vs courtyard view at Setai

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
City view room vs courtyard view at Setai

Hello. My wife and I are considering The Setai. Has anyone stayed there and can compare the City View vs the Courtyard view rooms? Are the city view rooms too noisy??

7 replies to this topic
Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
1. Re: City view room vs courtyard view at Setai

Hello. Can someone please let me know if these rooms are too noisy?

Thanks!

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,395 posts
130 reviews
2. Re: City view room vs courtyard view at Setai

I am going to assume by the lack of response that none of us locals have stayed at The Setai.

I have stayed at other hotels on Collins Avenue that actually have outdoor dining out front with recorded music playing and am a light sleeper. No issues for me falling asleep.

I am fairly certain The Setai has double pane windows to minimize noise and it is located on a quieter section of Collins than if you were on 17th Street so my guess is you should be fine. I do not recall reading any noise complaint issues from trip reports but you might want to call the front desk or concierge to get their honest opinion. It would not bother me but YMMV.

Edited: 09 August 2018, 20:18
Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
3. Re: City view room vs courtyard view at Setai

Thanks! Which others compare to the Setai?? I am trying to pick a hotel for Labor day weekend

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,395 posts
130 reviews
4. Re: City view room vs courtyard view at Setai

Setai is quite upscale...I would put it in the same category as Faena and very slightly above Miami Beach Edition. Setai has the better location in terms of being closer to more places from a walking perspective. The other two are what I would describe as self contained resorts (but on a much smaller scale than Fontainebleau) and would require a short Uber ride to the heart of South Beach.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
5. Re: City view room vs courtyard view at Setai

Thanks. Have thought all along about renting a car but if we stay at Setai, maybe Uber is better as we will be staying just a few days and would just hang out at hotel, beach, and eat at some nearby restaurants

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,395 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: City view room vs courtyard view at Setai

If you stay at any of those 3 a car is not necessary, especially for a short stay your entire time on the beach....why pay for a car, gas and hotel parking?...Uber or Lyft are fine as is SWOOP—a free golf cart taxi service that works on tips.

Also, a restaurant promotion known as Miami Spice will be in effect that time. Many leading restaurants offer special 3 course dinners for $39; some offer lunch specials as well.

miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-d…

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/restaurants/th…

Edited: 10 August 2018, 17:55
Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
7. Re: City view room vs courtyard view at Setai

Great thanks.

Reply to: City view room vs courtyard view at Setai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted