We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip for Labor Day

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
Short trip for Labor Day

Hello, we will be in Miami during the labor day weekend and we want to stay at a top end hotel on a great stretch of beach, just my wife and I. Does the Setai or 1 Hotel South Beach fit our wants? Any other hotels to look at??

Thanks!!

7 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,441 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Short trip for Labor Day

Those are 2 great choices...1 Hotel has a nice rooftop pool with great view whereas Setai is a little closer to more venues, but you cannot go wrong with either....2 other great choices would be Miami Beach Edition and Faena, self contained resorts but if you decided to check out more spots outside your hotel then Uber/Lyft or taxi would definitely be required as these two properties are further removed from the heart of SoBe.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 03:01
Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
2. Re: Short trip for Labor Day

Thanks! Do any of these hotels tend to cater to families? We will be alone with no kids and do not wish to be sharing beach or pool with too many families.

Lol

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,441 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: Short trip for Labor Day

Not really...Loews is one of the main hotels suited for families/kids...Miami Beach Edition does have some families (because of on site bowling alley and ice skating rink) but there is a separate, nice adults only pool...Faena and Setai, based on price point, not really suited for kids/families...I have not seen many, if any, kids at 1 Hotel the few times I have been up at their rooftop pool. You should be fine at any of these...W South Beach is nice as well—very few, if any, families.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
4. Re: Short trip for Labor Day

Thank you. We would most likely fly into Ft Lauderdale, I looked on google maps and ot looks to be about a 40 min drive to Miami, should be ok...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Short trip for Labor Day

We too are flying into FFL and staying in South Beach. Appears the Uber ride won’t be too much longer if we flew into MIA. Enjoy your weekend!!

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,441 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: Short trip for Labor Day

Flying into MIA would be about 15-20 minutes shorter, via Uber.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
44 reviews
7. Re: Short trip for Labor Day

Good to know for next time :). We had a Southwest credit burning a hole in our pockets so FLL it was!!!! We can hardly wait for our long weekend too!!!

Reply to: Short trip for Labor Day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted