We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transportation to Port Everglades from MIA area.

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best transportation to Port Everglades from MIA area.

We have a large group leaving from Port Everglades on a 12/27/12 cruise but find the airfares to Fort Lauderdale airport prohibitive, so are contemplating flying into MIA instead....unless the transportation between these two areas is more than the savings on the airfare. Suggestions? Do any hotels between these cities provide shuttle service?

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transportation to Port Everglades from MIA area.

The best bet is to take the Shuttle service outside arrivals. No reservation needed; Look for the dispatcher under the Airport Shuttle sign. From MIA to Port Everglades is $37 for the first passenger & $28 for each additional passenger traveling together. If you are going to a hotel in the Ft. Ldl area it will be about $5 -$10 addtional each depending on where the hotel is.

A taxi will run about $80 + tip per cab up to 5 people. So for 3 or more together the cab is a better deal.

I you have a large group traveling together you might be better off Googling "MIA Tranportation" for links to a number of limo & van companies with whom you can negotiate a better price.

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transportation to Port Everglades from MIA area.

This would add up to between $240-275 for our group of 7......most helpful information and I thank you for it. Are there any particular shuttle companies that are more reliable than others?

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transportation to Port Everglades from MIA area.

We used QLS -http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

They were very efficient and offered reasonable rates.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transportation to Port Everglades from MIA area.

How long is the drive to MIA? We are considering doing the same thing. We are a group of four. do you think we can get four in a cab with luggage? one of us is a 14 year old girl.

Did you end up flying out of MIA? It's a lot cheaper than FLL.

Thanks for your help!

Diane

london
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best transportation to Port Everglades from MIA area.

I can't say anything about the shuttle services, but be prepared to spend a lot of time at MIA once you've landed. You have to walk miles to immigration, baggage reclaim, etc and allow more time for the very possible temporary loss of your baggage. They will find it eventually. The airport is chaotic and poorly signed. I want to visit Miami again, but will certainly use Fort Lauderdale despite the extra cost. I couldn't take the MIA nightmare again! Good luck!

6. Re: Best transportation to Port Everglades from MIA area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 15:45