We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airboat rides

colonia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Airboat rides

What is the best Everglades airboat ride in the Miami/Ft.Lauderdale area for adults ?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,261 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airboat rides

I haven't done most of them, so can't say for sure. I did go on the Coopertown airboat ride, and thought it was well done. However, if this is your first visit to the Everglades please note that airboats are not the best way to see wildlife. They are very noisy and disturb and scare the wildflife. A quiet walk in the Shark Valley area, or in one of the many viewpoints along the main drive from Florida City to Flamingo, is a much better way to see the Everglades and birds and gators

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airboat rides

I agree with rk2005 here are some things to do while in So FL lonelyplanet.com/usa/…

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airboat rides

Airboats are fast, loud and fun.

If you can swing it, opt for the private tour from Cooperstown. They use a smaller airboat for the private tour, and your operator will demonstrate some of the unique maneuvering abilities of airboats. He will also slow down at a few points to show you interesting features of the 'Glades and try to show you some wildlife.

That aside, its really not the best way to appreciate the tranquil beauty of the River of Grass, and places like Shark Valley and Flamingo offer those opportunities as RK mentions.

Saludos,

Yogi

Edited: 30 April 2012, 19:14
4. Re: Airboat rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:13