We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami on New Years Eve

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Miami on New Years Eve

Hi, We are a group of 6 adults and 7 kids ages 9-12 coming from Australia to stay at Miami Beach for New Years Eve.

I have looked up things to do on New Years however a lot dont seem very family friendly. Any suggestions? We will be staying on Collins Ave on the beach but our rooms dont face the beach.

We will have 3 cars between us & will be heading out for the day to the Everglades but will there be road closures on New Years? Just want to make sure we are back in the area & our cars are parked before roads close.

Thank you

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
405 Reviews
from US$ 49.99*
US$ 75.00
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
205 Reviews
from US$ 38.00*
9 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Miami on New Years Eve

dandy>

The roads do not close for NYE, but the traffic in the evening will be heavy and towards late night, the police set up sobriety road blocks so things do get tough on driving. Also, everyone congregates on Miami Beach so parking does get hard to find as the evening wears on...

Good news is that there will be music and fireworks along Ocean Drive and plenty of families walk toward that scene after 10-10:30pm.

One idea would be to book a group dinner for the family someplace that suits your style (on South Beach) and then walk over to see the fireworks after dinner.

Where is your hotel and what sort of dinner would make your group happy?

(ie. the kind of food everyone likes and the budget? - some places are very pricey at NYE).

AG

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Miami on New Years Eve

Thanks for your reply. We are staying at the Alexander oceanfront apartments which looks quite far from Collins st. We are happy to try most foods & coming from Australia our budget is already out of control so a mid range price dinner would probably be best

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Miami on New Years Eve

dandy>

OK - not a problem. There is a massive open parking lot at 52 Street and Collins right near the Alexander with free parking after 6pm. Check the signs at the lot to see what hours you are required to pay (maybe 8am-6pm but check when you arrive).

You may be able to navigate from the hotel to South Beach via the FREE trolley.

GUIDE - https:/…

Ask the trolley driver what time the trolley will stop operating on NYE as schedules may change.

Find a fun spot for dinner along Lincoln Road - where the trolley stops.

There are all sorts of restaurants from posh to casual and many open air locations (weather at the New Year is often really nice).

What I'd suggest is that you return to this thread in December and we can sort out the details.

So many events and restaurants will open and have menus posted for the holidays - but not until later in the year.

AG

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Miami on New Years Eve

Thank you so much. I’ll look for dinner options closer to the date. While I have you I was wondering if you could help with another question? We are going to orange bowl at hard rock Stadium. How do you recommend we get there? We will have a car but not sure if that’s the best option

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Miami on New Years Eve

dandy>

If you have a car, that is your best option. Here is parking information using the online site for a SUNPASS:

https:/…

In December, check OpenTable for their NYE dinner info (not yet, too early)

https://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx…

Also come back to this post and we can find more information later in the year.

AG

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Miami on New Years Eve

Thank you so much AG

I will come back later in the year

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Miami on New Years Eve

Hi, I’m back. I clicked on the link you provided & there is an overwhelming choice I don’t know where to start!

Our group is 6 adults, kids ages from 9-12 year olds. We would love to see the fireworks, have a nice meal & not take forever to get back to our accomodation. What would be your recommendations for our group? Looks like the party with the orange drop is more for adults? Could we see anything from walking distance or trolley from our accomodation at Alexander apartments? Looks like it could be quite far from fireworks. Would love some ideas - thanks

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Miami on New Years Eve

dandy>

From the Alexander, take the free Collins Express Trolley to South Beach, see fireworks by the sea at 10 Street beach. If you are in town a few days, there will be many events (GOOGLE Orange Bowl) including a FREE Dave Matthews concert Dec 28 in the same location on the beach.

There a many casual eateries on South Beach. I'd suggest starting the evening on Lincoln Road and having supper at Yardbird, Nexxt or if you want to try our local Cuban cuisine - Havana 1957. If you have a preference for type of food, let us know so we can give you a choice that suits your group.

AG

9. Re: Miami on New Years Eve

Hi everyone,

We are a french familly, 2 adults, and 3 kids (15,13 and 10 years old)

We will stay NW south river drive, and we were wondering what could be the best for NYE.

Bayfront Park, or SouthBeach?

Thanks for your reply

Bregs

Alex

Reply to: Miami on New Years Eve
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted