We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel would you select?

Crocker, Missouri
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Which Hotel would you select?

We are two active retirees. Looking for a Clean hotel, food/drinks, and quiet after 11:00 PM. Would you recommend the Beacon South Miami or Hilton Garden Inn South Miami?

I realize this is spring break but it is also spring training time for the major league teams. If we are flexible and make early reservations can we survive the spring break without too much heartache or is this a Big mistake. I have never been to South Beach and look forward to the culture. Thank you in advance for replies.

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
403 Reviews
from US$ 49.99*
US$ 75.00
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
190 Reviews
from US$ 38.00*
2 replies to this topic
m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Which Hotel would you select?

I assume you're planning a trip for next March? It's a great time to be in south beach. Spring Breach has minimal impact outside a small section, other than raising hotel prices.

Note that "South Miami" and "south beach" are two very different areas, over 10 miles apart. You want to be in south beach, which is the lower third of Miami Beach.

Between Beacon (720 Ocean Dr) and Hilton Garden (2940 Collins Ave), they are comparable in quality. The Beacon has a much better location, being in the middle of things. The Hilton Garden is in mid beach, near the beach, but not much else, though there is a free trolley to south beach. The Beacon may be in a busier area than you want if you're looking for quiet after 11 PM.

I recommend looking at hotels south of fifth street to get the best of both worlds. Some in that section include Lord Balfour, Sense, Meridian Urbanica, Prime, Villa Italia, St. Augustine, Blanc Kara, Marriott Stanton, Hilton Bentley Beach, and others. These are all right in south beach, yet relatively quiet.

Glen Ridge, New...
1 post
2. Re: Which Hotel would you select?

I am looking for a hotel in south beach or close by in october I am coming with my daughter neither of us have ever been to MIami

Reply to: Which Hotel would you select?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted