We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue heron

jrj
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
blue heron

Has anyone eaten here recently? We saw it won all sorts of awards, but when we drove by last night a little before 8 pm , there were no cars in the parking lot, and it says it is open on Tuesday nights. We were thinking of going this evening (Wednesday) but don't want to be the only diners. Also - lack of diners often means lack of quality food, service, etc. HELP!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blue heron

I try to eat at Blue Heron for very special occasions. I recommend the small room, good service, and great food. And if you have to ask about the cost you may not want to go.

A good upscale alternative is Salt and Pepper ... Sale e Pepe ... Marco Ocean Resort ... I hope I got the resort name correct ... it is on the Gulf and not on the Ocean!!!

Mentioned in this post
Sale E Pepe
Sale E Pepe
1,029 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blue heron

The Gulf IS the Ocean . . . Sorry, but I am a little confused. in the Keys, they say "the Gulf side or the Ocean side", but it is actually an incorrect statement, as both are the ocean. They should say "the Gulf or Atlantic side of the ocean". In Marco it makes no difference, because it is all the gulf.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: blue heron

Technically the Gulf of Mexico isn't an Ocean.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: blue heron

It is an OCEANIC basin - In my view, that is technically the ocean:)

5. Re: blue heron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island