We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stay.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
32 reviews
Overnight stay.

My husband and I are flying from the UK to Orlando international airport in 3 weeks. We land at around 6pm and have a hire car to pick up. We will more than likely be heading towards Fort Lauderdale the day after,but think it will probably be not a good idea to drive after a 10hour flight. Plus it's our first visit to America and do not know the roads. I don't really fancy staying at an airport hotel so thought maybe Kissimmee or somewhere in the general direction of where we are going ??

Any tips ideas of anyone would be gratefully received. Thanks Julie.

Special Offer
Florida Airboat Adventure
145 Reviews
from US$ 25.69*
US$ 30.05
Orlando Helicopter Tour from Walt...
52 Reviews
from US$ 48.29*
Special Offer
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament...
12 Reviews
from US$ 55.49*
US$ 72.67
Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,569 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Overnight stay.

Just north of the airport, easily accessible by taxi, there are a dozen small and mid-sized hotels that would be a lot closer and easier to find than anything in Kissimmee.

The new exit from 417 to the Turnpike southbound is open. From the airport, you would go south to 417 and follow the signs for Disney. You would shortly see signs for the Turnpike southbound. Fort Lauderdale is about a three-hour drive from there.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
19,070 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Overnight stay.

"but think it will probably be not a good idea to drive after a 10hour flight. Plus it's our first visit to America and do not know the roads."

I fully agree with you for the reasons you have given. However, there is a wide variety of hotels near the airport plus a very good one INSIDE the airport. You can't beat the Airport Hyatt Regency for convenience. orlandoairport.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,611 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: Overnight stay.

Many of the hotels north of the airport have free shuttles. No need for a taxi. You can pick up the rental car the next day. The Hyatt at the airport is very nice and it's convenient but also expensive.

4. Re: Overnight stay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Kissimmee