We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Holiday for Two

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Florida Holiday for Two

Help needed - Me and my boyfriend are looking into going to Florida for two weeks end of November / beginning of December next year and have a couple of questions.

1. Is it better to stay in a Villa or Hotel? we both like the idea of staying in a villa and renting a car and travelling around at our own choosing.

However we think it will probably be cheaper and easier all round to stay in a hotel. Any recommendations of accomodation are welcome.

2. We are looking at booking through Holiday Genie or Your Florida Holiday because they seem to do the best package deals however I cannot seem to find many reviews on them so not sure how reliable etc they are. So would be grateful to hear from anyone that has dealt with them.

3. Where is the cheapest place to get the park tickets and is it cheaper to get them online before you go or once you are there?

4. Is Nov/Dec a good time to go to Florida? Wondering about the weather and that obviously it is not peak season!

5. Also interested to know if there are any other must see/ must do's that anyone can recommend other then the normal Disney and Universal etc.

We really want the full Florida experience but we are on bit of a tight budget unfortunately so any advice would be great.

Thank you

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,417 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Holiday for Two

Hi, Florida is a very large state so what part are you visiting? I'm guessing Orlando for the theme parks? If so, you might want to repost on the Orlando forum.

You want the full Florida experience but as I said, it's a very big state and to see the real Florida, you will need a car and a lot of time. For example, it's an 8 hour drive from central Florida (Orlando) to Key West Florida, the southernmost point in the state.

You will need to do a lot of research and a good start is to read the posts on the Orlando forum that interest you. You will get masses of information that way. Also buy the book "Brit Guide to Orlando" as it's packed full of info about a holiday to Oralndo.

No, I personally don't think November/December is the best time to visit as it's winter and it can get pretty cold!!! If you don't mind that, then it's probably one of the cheaper times of year to go. We like early/mid October as it's still lovely and hot then with hardly any rain.

Yes, it's probably cheaper and better to get park tickets before you go....and they are pretty expensive. "Undercover Tourist" are very good.

Edited: 01 October 2015, 20:39
Sheffield
Level Contributor
10 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Holiday for Two

Here goes.

I would recommend a Hotel staying in the Kissimmee area is ideal. On the 192 around the old town is good and quite reasonable on price. Remember your not living there it's only a place to sleep, being tired first visit it'll be full on.

Definitely need a car, this can be done online from the uk, flights can also be found on net flights.

Don't go at the end of November as its thanksgiving and is a very busy US Holliday period. We go first week November each year and it's comfy. Temp mid to low 70's.

Don't fall for buying a 14 day Disney pass, you won't be going every day. If your like we were first time you want to try everything on a limited budget. If you get park hopper tickets you can hope in and out of more than one park in a day. Say start at Animal Lingdom, then end the day at Epcot.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

3. Re: Florida Holiday for Two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2016, 09:47