We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

topless beaches

mass
1 post
Save Topic
topless beaches

Can anyone tell us if there are any topless beachess in or around the key west area? Is it frowned upon on the public beaches?

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: topless beaches

More than just frowned on...it's not legal on public beaches. However, there are several private beaches and pools that are topless and/or clothing-optional.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
303 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: topless beaches

Not in KW...but there is an unofficial "au natural" beach if you head back up the keys...if I remember correctly, around MM8, there is a road that heads south and then west along the southern coast. Follow this to the dead end, then hike a little further west on the dirt path. Very rustic, lots of basket sponges & shells. Mostly guys when I was there.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
303 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: topless beaches

Not in KW...but there is an unofficial "au natural" beach if you head back up the keys...if I remember correctly, around MM8, there is a road that heads south and then west along the southern coast. Follow this to the dead end, then hike a little further west on the dirt path. Very rustic, lots of basket sponges & shells. Mostly guys when I was there.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: topless beaches

You are mistaken.. Higgs Beach is a county beach and follows state law. Which says; Nudity is permitted as long as it's not done in a vulgar way. I'm topless on Higgs beach almost every weekend.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: topless beaches

The PierHouse has a topless beach and I stayed at the Reach a couple years ago and women were also topless and nobody said a word.