We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollinsed House

Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Hollinsed House

Does anyone have any information on the Hollinsed House? We are considering this place for a week in June. We have found it to be the best deal.

Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
135 Reviews
from US$ 145.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
398 Reviews
from US$ 49.99*
US$ 75.00
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
145 Reviews
from US$ 63.00*
Mid Missouri
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollinsed House

I,m sorry I don't have any info on that place, but this is where we stayed.

It was called "Key West Bed & Breakfast the Popular House". I know that is a funny name but that is what it's called. And they were great. They have really great prices and the place is nice and clean. Not a 5 star B&B by any means...but really nice. I would call it a 3 to 3.5. But for the price you give up a little bit. The people were great and it has a great location. It's 2 blocks off of Duval St I believe. We walked everywhere. Here is the e-mail

http://www.keywestbandb.com/

We were very happy with the place and will stay there again when we go back to KW.

bocaraton fl
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollinsed House

We have reservations there for a the end of Feb. Also have never stayed there but the place was referred to us by friends who have stayed there many times and liked it. I also was unable to find any reviews on it.

bocaraton fl
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollinsed House

My husband and I spent a 3 day weekend there last month. We had a roomy, well maintained studio apartment. It had newer, tropical style furniture and decor, a very comfortable king size bed with nice linnens and also a futon bed. There were lots of windows that looked out onto the grounds of the house. One wall was almost taken up with 2 sets of French doors that looked out to the front of the house, where beyond our large private patio area with small tables and chairs, there was a large deck and a small swiming pool. The kitchen had anything in it that you could think of for a rental apartment, compete with a blender for making your favorite tropical drink. The only thing that we did not like about the kitchen was the unsightly, rusted refrigerator. There is a small grocery sstore a block or 2 away. The place as a whole is well taken care of. The owner (I believe she is the owner) lives there and she does a good job of making sure that things move smoothly. I get the feeling that this is not the kind of place where a bunch of spring breakers would be welcome or tolerated. Duval St. is a short block or so away, when you get to Duval St., to give you an idea of where you are, the La Concha Hotel is about one block down on your right. So it is very much in the center of the action.

We loved the place and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Miami
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollinsed House

Hi,

We stayed at Hollinshead House just a few weeks ago ( April 05).

We had a two bed apartment. Overall we were very disappointed. We were quoted $360 per night, but we were given a $50 reduction because there was damage to a ceiling and a wall made by the previous "spring break" occupants.

The apartment although was generally clean was really outdated. The beds were soggy, the kitchen appliances were very old and showed signs of rust. The bathroom was really bad, shower was feeble.The carpet in the hallway was really, really dirty which made you want to keep shoes on all the time. The furniture was very worn and tatty and the sofabed in lounge was very uncomfortable.

The pool was filled with leaves and although warm was so small it could be described as a jacuzzi but without the bubbles.

Also some of the towels had stains on.

On the plus side the apartment was in a beautiful old traditional Key West style building and within walking distance to the main strip. The apartment was also a really good size for a vacation apartment which tend to be on the small size.

I would only book this place if there was no where else, or if they charged rock bottom prices and cost was an issue. There is a huge amount of choice in Key West, just take some time in finding the right place.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollinsed House

I have stayed at Hollinsed House on numerous occasions over the past 8 years or so. I was married in Key West because we loved it so much and the Hollinsed caretaker, Gert the Skirt, was our witness! She is generous with her time, her prices, she is always accomodating when she can be. We have stayed in many different units in the main building both with and without our children, and we have always had a beautiful, clean place to stay. We love it there, and I hope we can get back there soon! I recommend it all the time!

The Aumack family from NJ

6. Re: Hollinsed House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 20:47