We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going topless in key west

OLATHE KANSAS
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
going topless in key west

my wife likes to go topless at the beach when we are on vacation from our lives. honest question honest answer folks. anyone do this and have any kind of negitive feedback from anyone??? can she do this without any risks on our get away???? thanks all.

Key West
Level Contributor
1,639 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going topless in key west

19Mustang66,

You've asked about a topic that for some of us locals is very sticky. There are some private areas that permit topless sunbathing but there are not any public beaches where it is legal to go topless. I will hope that the posters following me will just post areas and business that permit topless sunbathing and we DO NOT get into another discussion about a "nude beach".

some Topless Sunbathing areas:

Pier House topless beach section

Garden of Eden roof bar

Fish hard,

Bonez

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: going topless in key west

I often see women laying out topless (not nude) at southbeach which is at the southern end of Duval. Not sure on the legalities of this location but I've seen it enough to believe it is tolerated there.

Virginia
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: going topless in key west

I've done it at Fort Zach and Higgs both multiple times. If they do anything they'll ask you to cover up.....................especially if the kiddies are in school.

OLATHE KANSAS
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going topless in key west

she wouldnt do it around kids just grown ups

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going topless in key west

Its not allowed at public beaches but the worst the that will happen to you id you will be asked to cover up. Like CaptB mentioned there are private areas within hotels and B&Bs that allow it so if its important to you, you might want to consider staying at one of them. Pier House has the only topless beach that I know of. Many B&Bs have topless sunning areas.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
616 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: going topless in key west

Look into this B&B.....they have a c/o pool and sunning area....I have stayed here myself and loved it....very good location too.

http://www.marreros.com/

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
8,869 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: going topless in key west

The answer to the question is straight forward. There are many private places to be topless, but public beaches, including South Beach and Fort Zach do not allow topless sunbathing. If you want to sunbath topless, go to one of the many B&Bs that allow it. If you want to do it on a beach, stay at The Pier House which has a topless section.

If you choose to break the law like some posters here seem to do, then you run the risk of the cop who sees you having had a bad day and arresting you. It is unlikely, but it is possible.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: going topless in key west

You could sunbath at the Garden of Eden on the roof of the Bull but there's no beach... On the other hand, there is easy access to adult beverages so it might be a trade-off.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
579 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: going topless in key west

I've sunbathed topless at the Garden of Eden after a few margaritas......no wait......it was nighttime......nevermind......

Sue

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: going topless in key west

Sue, it's called a "moon tan", and I've gotten them too! Can't say I've ever had a "moon burn", though......