We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
145 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

Trying to decide between these two hotels. Does one have better amenities or beach? Does one have a better location? My husband and I are looking to are looking to visit Key West for the first time. Would love suggestions. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Shelly

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

Both are very nice properties. The Reach has a better beach, and it's location is closer to Duval St. if that is important to you. The Casa is a beautiful historic hotel and the rooms are beautiful. That would be my first choice, but you really can not go wrong with either hotel.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

The Reach is next door to Louie's. end of discussion.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

"The Reach is next door to Louie's. end of discussion."

There are those of us that don't necessarily consider that a bonus.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,481 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

The Reach is the more convenient location. The Casa is the nicer hotel IMO. You have to decide what is more important to you. You can use the facilities at both Hotels regardless of where you stay.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,509 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

The Casa is beautiful and would definitely be my first choice between these two properties. Both are are a little farther out than we like to stay, but if you plan to rent bikes or scooters it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

6. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 March 2010, 22:15
Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

the reach is more convenient and is a nicer property. end of discussion.

Media, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

I will be staying at the Casa on April 11-15. If you are in no hurry I can give you an honest opinion when I get back. This is my first time to Key West also.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,523 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

Since you're staying at the Casa, try to set aside one morning to walk along Higgs Beach which starts to the east of the hotel. You can explore the West Martello tower and botanical garden and go out onto the White Street Pier.

The Casa is on the corner of Reynolds and Seminole. At the end of Seminole is a small, and I mean small, park with great views. You can walk there to check it out, then zig and zag over to South Street which crosses Simonton, Duval, and Whiehead.

Salud! is on Higgs Beach.

Pjk

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
145 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Marina Resort vs The Reach Resort Waldorf Astoria

Thanks for the wonderful advice. We are going to stay at the Casa and rent bikes. I will update when we return.

Thanks