We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Dinner

north myrtle beach...
Level Contributor
124 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Dinner

I seen one place posted on here for Christmas Dinner, Any more suggestions.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Dinner

When it gets closer more places will post/advertise any special menus. Basically all of the big hotels will do something - Casa, Westin, Hyatt. If you do a search here you wil see some of the past menus from some places for Christmas so it will give you an idea on what to expect and who will be open.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,280 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Dinner

Plenty to choose from closer to Christmas.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Dinner

yeah, just do a crap shoot. forget the menus. pick a spot, call and reserve and see what they have when you get there. now, where you ask? well santa lands on rooftops. so either the Hot Tin Roof or The Roof Top Cafe, OBVIOUS FREAKING CHOICES!!! No?

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
848 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Dinner

We did a bit of calling around -- found that Louie's is closed. We made a reservation at A&B's. They did not mention any type of special menu.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Dinner

A&B seems to do something special every year so you should be fine with that choice. I am jealous, lol. I LOVE that lobster bisque.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Dinner

You should enjoy the A&B Lobater House. It really is a really good restaurant.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,376 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Dinner

"We went to the location around the corner from Duval on Wall Street. It's dark inside even on a sunny day, but there's plenty of outdoor seating complete w/chickens wandering around. We sat in the courtyard across the little alley way from the restaurant with a fountain in the center of it. If you have kids, the roosters, hens, and baby chicks would keep them well entertained.

It was Christmas Day and we wanted Cuban food - the concierge found this one for us and we loved it. Given that they were open Christmas Day on a Sunday in the middle of the afternoon, I'd imagine they are rarely closed.

The ropa vieja (shredded beef) was excellent. We had a few seafood dishes that were also pretty good: the whole fried yellow fin tuna was good, though the breaded-fried grouper & black bean soup were a little salty. All entrees were served with white or yellow rice; sweet plaintains or fried yucca; and a cup of black beans.

Service was prompt, dishes came out quickly, prices were reasonable, good portions.

While you're browsing the menu, they bring out warm buttered bread and crackers with 2 dipping sauces (one slightly spicy) that we really liked. For dessert we had the guava cheesecake which was nice.

If you like ropa vieja (shredded beef with tomatoes and peppers), you'll like it here - very flavorful and moist...stewed to perfection! "

Pjk

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
848 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Dinner

Yes, we are looking forward to a peaceful dinner outside at A&B. Arnie -- you can be certain that my wife will order the lobster bisque!

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Dinner

boy, you guys just ignored me on that one. i am out of here. going to go somewhere to get some respect. nah, that ain't gonna happen.

10. Re: Christmas Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 December 2009, 01:35