We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

I am thinking of going the first week of November, but may not be a good idea. I am always in the TA forum and I am sick to my stomach reading these awsome reviews and looking at pictures over and over. Its been 3 yrs since I've visited! thanks

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,421 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

I believe May is a popular time to visit...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k203867…

Beginning of November might be OK, but I don't care for the end of November. Too much chance of cool, windy weather. I'd rahter put up with the heat & Humidity of the summer.

Pjk

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

PjK

Thanks, I had a feeling you would be able to give me a good answer. The link that you sent me is what made me ask the weather question for May. Thinking of exchanging my timeshare. I will probably wait until next late April or May. Thanks

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

I like Nov and especially the early part. The temps are very comfortable and the humidity begins to die down. My favorite time of year in Key West is the early part of Dec. Temps are in the low to mid 80's for a high and about 10 degrees cooler than that for lows. Humdity is really low and so are the crowds,lol. Everything is open because they are getting ready for season. Here is a website with some info. Really there just isnt a bad time to be in Key West. Its Key West!

rssweather.com/climate/Florida/Key%20West/

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

I like the summer for the calms seas and great fishing.

I like the late winter and early spring to get the hell out of the cold north.

I like May.

I like fall also to get my mind ready for the coming winter.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

november is beautiful, as is december. the summer months are too hot for me, but then again, i am a middle aged woman. lol

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

Beleive it or not, I love the summer weather and humidity because its such a great tropical feeling!! We get that here in the summer.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

If your asking about the weather the begining of Nov. is great.

For me I like it 12 months a year but the "best" weather is April, May second half of Sept, Oct ant Nov.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

Thanks Arnie67 -that was helpful. Looks like April and May are the best times and the rainiest is September. I may just change my mind and go Nov 7th.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

Personally, I don't think there is a bad time to come to Key West! I've been down just about every month, and they all have something going for them. We are coming again this November, as the last two November trips were terrific, weather-wise.

Scranton, PA
Level Contributor
239 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When is the worst and best months to visit Key West?

With the exception of this year (2 more days!) we have been down in late October/early November for the past few years. We were also down July 4th week in 2005 for our honeymoon.

My honest advice is that, if you're planning on spending a lot of time in the water, and if you expect a pee-warm ocean, go in the warmer months. The waters have been a little bit cool for me in late October, but I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold. My wife, Tara, is fine with the water temp and laughs at the noises that come out of me when I hit the "cold" water. The humidity has been really low at that time of year and I personally think it's a great time to go.

In the fall, check for what's going on too, such as Fantasy Fest, Meeting of the Minds and the speed boat races. All three, unless you are an enthusiast, draw some crowds and may not be your cup of tea if you're looking for peace and quiet.

HTH.

(Let me say again...2 MORE DAYS! Can't wait!)