We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't miss list

Colorado
6 posts
Can't miss list

Hi all,

My husband and I are both 30ish and will be in Key West for four days in mid-March. We're planning on doing an snorkeling/kayaking trip, visiting Mallory square, checking out Duval street, and maybe doing a ghost tour

My question is, what one thing (activity/restaurant/etc.) would you not leave Key West without doing?

Thanks for your tips. I'm already counting down the days!

Colorado
6 posts
21. Re: Can't miss list

I noticed no one has mentioned Hemmingway's house. Should we skip that?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
187 posts
22. Re: Can't miss list

My one day cant miss...Breakfast at the Banana cafe,then bike riding around the island or lounging around the pool.A couple margs/etc at the Southernmost beach cafe then walk down Whitehead and over to the bight.HH at Alonzo's and Half shell.SWB after that,then over to the Parrot.After I leave the Parrot,I'll cut through Cowboy bills as I head back to the Southernmost property..The next day,rent a kayak and sweat off the sins of your cant miss day.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,752 posts
121 reviews
23. Re: Can't miss list

"I noticed no one has mentioned Hemmingway's house. Should we skip that?"

I wouldn't put it on a "can't miss" list, but if you become interested in Hemingway sometime then it's something you can do in the future.

Pjk

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,553 posts
36 reviews
24. Re: Can't miss list

What ever you do - don't miss an opportunity to get out on the water. It is a MUST do! If it's clear and calm, you can see everything!

fish, kayak, snorkel etc etc etc

Get out on the water! Weather permitting of course.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
590 posts
30 reviews
25. Re: Can't miss list

Definitely go to Blue Heaven for breakfast or lunch.

Sue

minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
21 reviews
26. Re: Can't miss list

Must do: Get on the water

Must eat: Shrimp/oysters/grouper every day

Must drink: Mojitos, ruby-roos and wine @ Grand Vin.

Must see: Sunset at Sunset Pier

Must visit: Any local that will have us.

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
125 reviews
27. Re: Can't miss list

My must-do is at least one Tuesday afternoon spent at Schooner Wharf Bar listening to Raven and at least one other afternoon at Schooner taking in Micheal McCloud. As for restaurants I have so many must-dos now that they more than fill up a week, so each trip I must decide which must-dos I have to skip for this trip in order to visit a few must-tries to see if they should become must-dos too.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
28. Re: Can't miss list

Hi NoBeachesInColorado,

Geez, has no-one mentiioned this yet?

If you are there on a Friday, the Conch Republic Conch-tail (pronounced conk-tale) Hour is an absolute must... it will hook you up with other TA members who are enjoying a holiday in Key West plus some KW DEs.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

29. Re: Can't miss list

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 12:48