We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salty Frog

Level Contributor
295 posts
3 reviews
8 helpful votes
Salty Frog
Save

Has anyone been to the salty frog on front street? It’s where Red Fish / Blue Fish was. Zack Seimiller playing there tonight. Great local musician

14 replies to this topic
Tiffin, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
37 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Salty Frog
Save

Is that new? I’ve not heard of it? What’s it located near on Front Street? I love Zack Seemiller- one of my favorite to see!

Edited: 24 August 2021, 08:09
Sauk Rapids...
Level Contributor
177 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Salty Frog
Save

I saw it last week. Always appeared pretty empty.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
175 reviews
125 helpful votes
3. Re: Salty Frog
Save

I went by there with a friend. . It’s another location of a Nashville based bar. The menu is the same menu you find at every bar in town (conch fritters, burgers, salads, etc). On the plus side, they have a good, very spicy, Nashville hot chicken sandwich.

They are also doing a happy hour from 12-5 with 1/2 priced well drinks and $3-$4 beers in case you want to get “happy” before most other happy hours in town.

There was no music when I was there. I wish them luck, but I think we are reaching our bar/music saturation point here. Scotty’s on Front Street already closed down after spending a fortune on renovations. They claim it’s temporary, but we’ll see. The Green Room closed and is being replaced with another bar/live music venue.

Lots of competition for a limited number of visitors and locals.

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
849 posts
50 reviews
29 helpful votes
4. Re: Salty Frog
Save

SDT - do you know off hand if the Salty Frog has a happy hour food specials or just drinks? We will be in town over Labor Day and wanted to check out Scotty’s, but guess that’s off the table. They did spend a lot on that spot.

Tiffin, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
37 reviews
15 helpful votes
5. Re: Salty Frog
Save

Wow Scotty’s is gone already?! Is that where Salty Frog is now?!

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
849 posts
50 reviews
29 helpful votes
6. Re: Salty Frog
Save

No, Salty Frog is where Red Fish Blue Fish used to be. Scotty’s was where Rum Barrel was.

Tiffin, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
37 reviews
15 helpful votes
7. Re: Salty Frog
Save

Paul W, where the heck was Red Fish? Near Scotty’s? The other end of Front? I’m picturing Two Friends and Island Dogs.🤔

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
175 reviews
125 helpful votes
8. Re: Salty Frog
Save

They’re located on Front Street by Mallory Square.

Paul, I’m not sure about food. We stopped in for a drink and early after happy hour was over.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
13 reviews
13 helpful votes
9. Re: Salty Frog
Save

Wow! Scottys is already gone? We stopped in there when we were there in July and had a great time. Sad.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
175 reviews
125 helpful votes
10. Re: Salty Frog
Save

Scotty’s Facebook page and a sign on their door says they are only closing for the summer and will be back with more changes and renovations in the fall. I am not sure what will happen, but it is strange and was very sudden when they closed

Reply to: Salty Frog
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Key West
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.