We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pools at hotel

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pools at hotel

Are they kept cool during July?

Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
137 Reviews
from US$ 145.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
398 Reviews
from US$ 49.99*
US$ 75.00
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
146 Reviews
from US$ 63.00*
13 replies to this topic
Deerfield Beach...
Level Contributor
847 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pools at hotel

It would be hard to believe they would heat the pools if it is 80 F or higher in the summer.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pools at hotel

Check with your hotel of choice to see if they use a chiller. Its not unheard of.

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
621 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pools at hotel

Only used the pool once last summer at the hotel, and there was nothing cool about it.

Mechanicsburg, PA
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pools at hotel

Marquesa has two small pools. One is heated, one not, even in July.

5. Re: Pools at hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 June 2018, 17:50

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pools at hotel

I can’t wait to visit in July. I like it HOT HOT HOT when I’m swimming and when I’m on vacation that is my main activity.

Jon
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Avalon
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pools at hotel

"If anything could be cooler."

Yes, Jim - That's why the OP asked if they were kept cool in July.

8. Re: Pools at hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 June 2018, 17:52

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
12,115 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pools at hotel

I don’t see any personal attacks. He is explaining what the OP asked about, which you did not answer.

To the OP, I don’t know of any hotel that cools their pool in summer and the water can be uncomfortably warm. Especially if the pool is in the sun all day. As suggested in the first post, you can call the hotel and ask. Please let us know if you find some that do. It would certainly be nice in August and September.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,303 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pools at hotel

The pool at the Pier House has always been cool in May and July. It's surrounded by vegetation so doesn't get a lot of direct sunshine and it holds a lot of water - it's 9' feet at one end - and so takes longer to heat up. Another nice thing is that there's quite a bit a shaded areas surrounding it where the lounge chairs are. I prefer the beach but go into the pool to cool off during the day.

Pjk

Reply to: Pools at hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted