We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

NJ
3 posts
Save Topic
Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

My family (husband, 1 year old girl) are travelling with my brother and his family (wife, 6 year old twins). We are looking at renting a single family home in KCB, with a pool. The pool is selfish on my part, because I'd like to have something to do while my LO is napping during the day. However, the places with pools don't seem to come with a CC membership. Does anyone know what the cost/possibility of getting a daily/weekly CC membership is? I think we would all enjoy the facilities and beach. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,634 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

I believe that the fee is $25 per person per day.

IF space is available.

http://www.thecabanaclub.info/resort.html

Give them a call and ask.

NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

Thanks! I'll contact them. Do you have any opinions of the local public beaches? Would they be good for the kids to play/swim? More specifically, Coco Plum Beach, since that one is the closest to KCB.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,634 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

I went looking for Coco Plum beach one time, and IF (and that is a big IF) I found it, it didn't impress me.

Bluewater seems to think it is a good beach.

Sombrero Beach on the other hand is a very nice beach. Long, sandy, nice spot. Somobrero is only about 5 miles away, so it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

IN FACT - why don't you go to both and report back on the BEST one.

NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

Haha... I will definitely do that! Now you have me intrigued! It'll be like a treasure hunt... only apparently the treasure may not be too great! But it'll give us something to do one afternoon (while the boys are fishing). So we've got that going for us... which is nice. :)

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,166 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

Nah, I don't think it's that great (Coco Plum) BUT it's a beach and good for looking for little shells and exploring. Not good for swimming. We do enjoy going over there every once in awhile. Gotta spread the love off of Sombrero every once in awhile so it doesn't get too crowded ;)

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,908 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

There are one or two homes with CC membership that have pools. Most do not. I know what you mean about the convenience of hopping into your own pool without having to load up to go somewhere. However the CC is great for the kids to run around, get beach time, etc.

Holden Beach, North...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

CC was $25/day in Jan & Feb. We rented a house with a pool but it was not heated and filter did not work. The rental next to us had a pool also and the tenants paid $250 extra for heating but the heater didn't work. So if you are going in the winter you might want to check that out. Some houses come with Inch Beach which is a lovely private beach near Sunset Park. When I was at Coco Plum it must have been high tide, as there was no beach. I would not consider it kid friendly. It is more a place for the locals to take their dogs to run off leash. It's great for that as long as they are water dogs.

8. Re: Cabana Club Daily/Weekly Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Key Colony Beach