We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - beaches and turtles and lighthouse, oh my!

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Trip Report - beaches and turtles and lighthouse, oh my!

We were in Jupiter for Labor Day weekend. It was a short trip but we had a great time. I just posted my review with lots of pictures here: https:/…labor-day-weekend-in-jupiter.html

We loved Jupiter - it is so compact, no traffic, beautiful scenery, sea turtles everywhere and lots of good food.

We stayed at Jupiter Beach Resort. It was in a perfect location and had nice amenities, especially the beach! My only complaint is that they charge a large resort fee which they don't tell you about until you are finishing booking the hotel and see the final bill. I don't mind paying a fee but I want to know about it up front. But we would stay there again.

Thanks to recommendations from this forum, we ate at Guanabanas and the Dive Shop (twice each). Both had excellent food, drinks and views. For breakfast, we ate at the Lazy Loggerhead Cafe in Carlin Park and the Lighthouse Diner. They were also good with large portions and reasonable prices.

We've been to Jupiter before and so we had previously visited the lighthouse and the Loggerhead Marinelife Center, but this was the first time we made it to Blowing Rocks Preserve. Well, worth an hour or two! There is a $2 per person fee for Blowing Rocks but I noticed that my husband and I were the only ones who paid the fee. We saw about 20 other people walk by and completely ignore the pay box. Sad because this is about the cheapest thing you can do in the area and it's a beautiful place.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. I'll be glad to answer any questions, if I can.

3 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
18,064 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: Trip Report - beaches and turtles and lighthouse, oh my!

Glad to know you had a great time, thanks for posting a trip report. Good to hear my fav restaurant is still great. We live the Dive Bar and heard Guanabanas was good too. Nice photo's too, wish I knew how to do that. I am terrible at that sort of thing. I have never visited the lighthouse there either, will have to put that on my list.

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Trip Report - beaches and turtles and lighthouse, oh my!

Thanks, Wheels! We definitely need to not wait so long before our next visit.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Trip Report - beaches and turtles and lighthouse, oh my!

Great report and beautiful pictures.

Heading (hopefully!) to theTreasure Coast in November.

Will try to fit in a few of the places you mentioned.

Thanks for sharing!

Reply to: Trip Report - beaches and turtles and lighthouse, oh my!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jupiter