We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Golf Courses within 20 minutes

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Public Golf Courses within 20 minutes

I’m retiring in 15 months to the Jupiter/Palm Beach Gardens area. My intention is to join a private club but now my strategy is to relocate and play public courses for a year see how often I want to play.

Price really doesn’t matter - can you recommend some public courses that I would consider on a short term or even longer-term basis? I’m a 13 handicap who wants to be lower like the rest of us. Thanks and In advance-

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,904 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: Public Golf Courses within 20 minutes

Here is a link to a list of nearby courses. https://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/city.aspx?dest=jupiter+fl

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Public Golf Courses within 20 minutes

Thanks. I’ve done yelp and other search and review sites. Just looking for some local preferences

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,904 posts
116 reviews
3. Re: Public Golf Courses within 20 minutes

If you dont get answers here try the Palm Beach forum. Some forums are a bit slower in responses than others.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Public Golf Courses within 20 minutes

Thanks.

west palm beach
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Public Golf Courses within 20 minutes

Abacoa is good as a public course, off Donald Ross rd

Drive a bit south on US1 would take you to North Palm Beach Golf Club, Jack Nicklaus charged the city $1 for re design the course years ago.

If you are settled in summer by now (May), consider to join as summer member of some private clubs, such as Jonathan's landing; Eastpointe CC or Jupiter Country Club; these clubs are taking summer member for a few thousand dollars. When winter comes, you can play public course around, it gives you flexibility.

Reply to: Public Golf Courses within 20 minutes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted