We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Billy Bowlegs

Missouri
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Topic
Billy Bowlegs

I'm going to be in Fort Walton/Destin with my wife and 3 kids while the festival is taking place. Has anybody been? Anything I don't want to miss?

Manhattan, Kansas
Level Contributor
277 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Billy Bowlegs

We are there every year during Billy Bowlegs. They do have a carnival set up that the kids may like. We cruised the water one year in the thick of the partying and wished the kids didn't see all the craziness. Destin itself stays calm and you can see the fireworks on Saturday night from Harborwalk.

Medina, Tennessee
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Billy Bowlegs

We went last year during the Billy Bowlegs festival, and loved it. We planned our vacation around it this year. Don't miss the parade! It was the longest lasting parade I've ever been to. We ended up with probably a couple hundred beads, a teddy bear, swords, cups, and other items. My 4-year-old really liked seeing all of the boats and folks dressed like pirates.

Fort Walton Beach...
Destination Expert
for Fort Walton Beach
Level Contributor
361 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Billy Bowlegs

The parade has moved to Thursday this year. Fireworks on Friday night. If you are staying on the island you can watch the fireworks from there without fighting traffic across the bridge. Closer you can get to the bridge the better.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Billy Bowlegs

When is the Billy Bowlegs festival?

Medina, Tennessee
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Billy Bowlegs

I believe it's May 31-June 2. The FWB Chamber of Commerce website has more details.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Billy Bowlegs

Thank you Misty, we won't be in the area then. But I'll check Chamber of Commerce webpage. It may have more interesting info.

7. Re: Billy Bowlegs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 12:10
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach