We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
24 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

Looking for restaurant recommendations for the Ft. Walton area. I have two children ages 7 and 3 so I am looking for kid friendly places (although they are well behaved at the dinner table!). Anyone have any suggestions???

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

Angler's is on the beach & has a playground in the sand, on the beach.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
933 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

It is only a 10 minute drive, but Dewey Destin on the bay on Calhoun St, in Destin is our favorite. Very casual setting. Open air and see lots of kids at the edge of the water catching hermit crabs while waiting for the food to arrive.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
438 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

Honestly, you can take kids into most of the mid-range restaurants. I always look at restaurant menus online and if they offer a kid's menu then I figure we're good to go.

For Italian food we love LaFamiglia in Destin. No outdoor seating, but they have a kid's menu and great food.

For seafood we also like Dewey Destin - both locations. The Calhoun location has a counter where you order then you sit on picnic benches on the dock. The harbour location has waiter service and it's perfectly fine for children. We also like the Back Porch in Destin although the drive is farther from FWB. Great views of the beach while you eat.

For take-out check out Sarah K's Gourmet (Destin). This is prepared food that you'll warm up in your condo but it's great when you don't want to cook and don't want to go out either. The crab cakes are outstanding, but it's somewhat expensive.

In my opinion steer clear of Fudpuckers. The food isn't good, but it is very kid friendly and has the gators. One location is on Okaloosa Island.

We've taken our kids to Old Bay Steamer on Okaloosa Island and they have a kid's menu. We were happy there. It does get busy, so definitely try and go earlier so you don't have to wait long if your kids tend to get restless when they are hungry!

You'll see High Tide sort of behind Old Bay Steamer. There is no kids menu there.

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
24 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

Thank you so much!!! Very helpful info!

Fort Walton Beach...
Destination Expert
for Fort Walton Beach
Level Contributor
376 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

We take our kids to all of the above mentioned. We take our kids to the Krusty Krabb (which they get a kick out of because it's sponge bob named but has really good food despite the crazy name) located on Miracle Strip in downtown FWB across from Olive Garden. My kids also like Uptown Station, which has several really good restaurants of various sorts, fast food places, Starbucks and Baskin Robbins and a center playground.

For Italian, the Big City Cafe is being reopened by the Guglielmo family which is a longtime local family that has amazing restaurants. I'm sooo excited!!! He's been located in Destin forever, and now has come closer to us!

It amazes me that so few people venture off of the Island into town and instead go to Destin, where even McDonalds is more expensive.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
438 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

BeachMom - what can you tell me about Clemenza's? I haven't tried it.

When does Big City reopen?

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
338 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

Kudos to BeachMom on both points regarding Fudpucker's and Old Bay Steamer. OBS was my favorite restaurant in FWB and Fud's was the least favorite. On the surface, Fud's was kid friendly but the flies were terrible when we were there and the food really wasn't that good.

Fort Walton Beach...
Destination Expert
for Fort Walton Beach
Level Contributor
376 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

Clemenza rocks but it's higher priced. It several families I know have taken kids.

I haven't seen an open date yet.

9. Re: What are the best restaurants in Fort Walton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2013, 14:58
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach