We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warm enough?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Warm enough?

We just recently booked 5 days at the Holiday Inn Resort from 3/26-3/31. We have never been to the panhandle before. Over previous yrs we have been to Daytona, Cocoa, and St. Augustine during this time of year. The weather has always been great and we have had no issues with water temp. Is the weather/water temp that different from what we would get in these areas? I'm worried now as I keep hearing how cold it is and I don't want to be in a sweatshirt the whole time!

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
1. Re: Warm enough?

We will be in the panhandle the same week and the weather forecast (as of today) looks perfect. Mid to upper 70s. Fingers crossed it holds!

TN
Level Contributor
366 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Warm enough?

weather should be fine, the area experienced the cold snap that most of the eastern third of the country felt this week. Water temp is still quite cool, low 60s, wouldn't expect it to warm up much between now and then.

Marco Island...
Level Contributor
593 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: Warm enough?

Bring warm clothes! My family had to buy sweatshirts and hoodies this week. The nights are are downright cold and the water is too cold to enter. Depending on ones weight or age this can vary. You will have a blast! Just be prepared!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Warm enough?

Water temps in the Gulf are showing as warmer than the St. Augustine area. Highs during your stay look like mid to upper 70's and lows in the 50-60's. We see peeps on the beach wrapped up in blankets and others swimming in the Gulf, so different strokes for different folks!

We just had 3 really cold nights here in FWB but hopefully those are gone for good and your trip will be perfect!

Fort Walton Beach...
Destination Expert
for Fort Walton Beach
Level Contributor
379 posts
102 reviews
5. Re: Warm enough?

Gulf temps never fell below 72 this year. And warming quickly. Good news for tourists. Bad for hurricanes.

6. Re: Warm enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2018, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach