We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

word of warning about Eagle Taxi

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
word of warning about Eagle Taxi

Just a word of warning. My husband and I have just returned from Marco Island. We flew home this early this morning so we decided to return to a hotel near the airport yesterday. We decided at the last minute to get a taxi from Marco Island to the hotel so it was a bit of a challenge for the bell hop to secure one for us. Finally, he was able to get an Eagle Taxi to take us to the airport. We were being charged a fix rate of $85.00, which the bell hops felt was too expensive, stating that the going rate was usually betwenn $60 and $80. We agreed anyways because my husband was not feeling well and we just wanted to get to they hotel. The driver arrive and as we set off, he had two cell phones on the go which he was talking into almost the whole way, I was not very impressed. He then did not know how to get to the hotel even with the GPS and he got turned around a couple of times. When we arrived my husband asked for change from a hundred and he said, "well the meter says $154.00". I was shocked, I said no that we had agreed to $85 flat rate. He asked me who told us that and I said the bell hop because I was standing right behind him when he was on the phone with you. Well, he didn't say anything but it left a bad taste in our mouths and I just want to caution other travels about this company. I hope it is only one drive and I have contacted the company to complain personally. Just beware.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: word of warning about Eagle Taxi

Thanks for the tip. Sorry you had a bad experience.

2. Re: word of warning about Eagle Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:47