We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Hi we are going on a cruise next January and would like advise on where to stay for a weeks holiday after the cruise we are thinking of Fort Lauderdale but any advise on other locations would be great, we would like a hotel on or near the beach and close to restaurants and nightlife. We are in our 50's coming from ireland and have never been in Florida before so please advise on the best places to stay.

Thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in Fort Lauderdale

I'm a quarter Irish and took a great trip there ( lovely country) and I can say I suspect Ft. Lauderdale would be a nice place to base yourself- however, you need to be aware that it is our highest tourist season in January and every accommodation will be ( comparatively ) expensive. We have everything from high end resort hotels that would likely run $300-400/night, smaller hotels with less amenities and perhaps not right on the beach for $200 or so and smaller locally owned places that are less fancy and might run around $100-150/night at that time. The small places may give you a slight price break for a weeks stay. With that in mind, what type of accommodation would you like suggestions for? Are you planning to have a rental car and make some trips to nearby places or just to base here and enjoy Ft. Lauderdale? With that information, we can probably better assist you with ideas.

Edited: 24 April 2012, 03:05
Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Thanks for that info, we now think we will go in Feb. 2013 I know that is still prob. peak but nice to get away from the winter here in Ireland. We will not have a car so will base in a hotel hopefully near beach, restaurants and bars. We will do trips out on public transport.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in Fort Lauderdale

I prefer Ft. Lauderdale. But have you considered the Keys. They offer a unique experience albeit a little more laid back.

My hotel recommendation is usually the Courtyard Marriott on Seabreeze. I have stayed at many hotels thru the years and always choose the Courtyard for its central location. You can get to most of what Ft. Lauderdale has to offer by walking. Beach is across the street.

Enjoy your stay.

4. Re: hotel in Fort Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:12