We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaking in Destin

north carolina
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kayaking in Destin

My husband and I are coming to Destin in a week. I want to surprise him for his birthday and set up a kayaking trip. Any recommendations for renting a couple of kayaks? Thanks!

1. Re: Kayaking in Destin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 July 2012, 08:38
Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayaking in Destin

is kayaking an easy fun thing to do? Is there kayaking in the ocean or is it somewhere else?

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
451 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayaking in Destin

Kayaking is fairly easy to do....

Yes in the gulf. , but you don't want rough seas..

The bay is perfect spot

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayaking in Destin

There is a tour you can set up with walcoecotours.com. They will take you either on a kayak or paddleboard tour of Western Lake (one of our coastal lakes that is quite rare in the world). This way you get some local facts along with your kayak trip. There is also a kayak trips you can go along the harbor and into the bay with - just check with some of the harbor watersports companies for prices.

5. Re: Kayaking in Destin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 July 2012, 08:38
north carolina
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kayaking in Destin

Thank you for the info. I think I will contact them. Sounds fun and different.

north carolina
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Kayaking in Destin

I have left 2 messages with walcoeco tours and haven't hear back. Does anyone else have tours of the coastal lakes or do you think I will eventually hear back from them? Thanks.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kayaking in Destin

I know it is run by a local realtor in the area - maybe he gave it up - sorry - will try to find out for you. I know you can rent kayaks in the area and do the coastal lakes yourself - just no local history or info to go with as far as I know.

north carolina
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Kayaking in Destin

I heard from him! We are setting something up for next week. I appreciate your help. I would never have found this otherwise!!

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kayaking in Destin

Let us know how it was - this is something I have heard about with good reviews and want to do when life slows down in the fall

Get answers to your questions about Destin