We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Route from Dallas to Destin???

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Route from Dallas to Destin???

All,

We're leaving for Destin this Saturday and are debating the northern and southern routes. Anyone done one or the other recently? Any comments or suggestions? Having never driven either, I'm at a loss. Thanks.

Josh

TXJ
Texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Route from Dallas to Destin???

Last time we went we took 20 to Shreveport then 49 down to 10 and across. We are planning to do the same this year. A friend took this route last month and said the roads were good....no construction problems.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Route from Dallas to Destin???

Josh173,

The previous poster has given you the best route in my opinion. There is also a Mississippi route, but I believe that the Louisiana route seems to go faster, and I also think it is a more interesting drive.

mambomamma

Keller, Texas
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Route from Dallas to Destin???

We live in the Dallas area and have done both routes. I prefer the Mississippi route - we have always made better time that way and the roads are not small until you get close to Mobile.

4. Re: Best Route from Dallas to Destin???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 03:47