We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in November

1 post
1 review
Weather in November
Save

Can you go in the water and on the beach in Destin Florida in early November?

5 replies to this topic
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
91 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: Weather in November
Save

Unless there is a pretty "rare" cold front you most certainly can be on the beach. Water might be too chilly for some but in my experience it's been a bearable 76-78 degrees.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
999 posts
68 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: Weather in November
Save

Readily found internet historical data shows ocean temps around 74 degrees in early Nov.... And down to about 70 in late Nov. Pretty cool for most swimmers!

Unusually warm.or cool weather will cause variances.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
125 reviews
44 helpful votes
3. Re: Weather in November
Save

To echo the other post, we do get a cold front in October or November but they are short lived before the temps go back to the 80's. The water is certainly warm enough throughout the month of November for swimming but it's brisk. November is typically beautiful!

United States
Level Contributor
8,292 posts
4. Re: Weather in November
Save

I have stuck my feet in the water in November. And everyone here who knows of me, also knows that I'm the first one to complain about it being too cold. :D

You will see a few people in the water all year long, actually. Even when I have on long pants, a sweatshirt, and a blanket, people are in there.

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
186 reviews
159 helpful votes
5. Re: Weather in November
Save

Doughnut, I'm not even going to say it :-)

Donna, what's tolerable for water temps depends on the person. I'm in the water all of Nov. You'll have to try it yourself. Don't be put off by sticking a toe in because that first touch always feels chilly.

Edited: 14 August 2021, 19:16
Reply to: Weather in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.