We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
265 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?

I am a jazz fan and looking for a nice club or venue that might have a three piece jazz combo playing there....any thoughts?

7 replies to this topic
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?

There are a lot of places that have music, but it's hard to say who may consistently have jazz. Years ago there was a place, but we jazz fans must not have much pull. But when you're in Destin, you may want to listen to 106.3 FM the Seabreeze for smooth jazz. If you want classic jazz, I don't have any ideas at all. There is a freebie newspaper (I CAN'T believe I can't remember the name right now) that lists things to do and music events, or pick up the local paper, the Destin Log for info.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?

"The Beachcomber" may be the freebie you are thinking of. It has listings of where groups are playing for the month.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?

Yes Pato, that's it. I always pick up one of those and also NWFDaily News and the Log to see what's happening in my home away from home.

Wichita Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
757 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?

I have never been there but you might likeThe Ocean Club.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?

I haven’t been to the Ocean Club in years. Think we might go check it out when we are in town!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?

TCG ,I almost wrote that too. We used to stay at Tops'l with my parents 25 years ago. We'd go there occasionally for a special treat. In May we wanted a nicer meal and we were told they had early bird specials, but we couldn't get there on time. It would have been something special to go back. We'll have to try next year.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?

FTG I’m glad you mentioned going there 25 years ago because I remember going there many years ago too.

In fact I’ll never forget it because we couldn’t decide if our waiter was very ill or on drugs. It was quite the dining experience! Time to go back.

Reply to: Jazz club/venue anywhere in the Destin area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted