We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aegean, Condo 218

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aegean, Condo 218

I am an annual summertime visitor of Destin or Panama City. I have been coming here every year since 1983. Due to the many years I've lost track of all the places I've stayed. However, I will always remember my stay here, (The Aegean #218). This place was horribly prepared for guests. The dishes were filthy. I'm not being overly critical.... The dishes, bowls, and flatware appeared to be merely wiped out, or wiped off. The microwave oven also had spatter inside. The bathrooms have peeling wallpaper. The balcony floor had what appeared to be, "wads of chewing tobacco".

Nearly every room that has multiple lights in fixtures had half the bulbs burned out. The second bathroom showerhead is so old that the water doesn't flow properly. Oh! And I have to mention that the ceiling must not have and sound insulation installed. We could hear what we imagined was constant moving of furniture, and a 5k race. Lastly, the twin bed mattresses are deplorable.

Apparently, the mattress springs are shot.

I'm not one that usually leaves comments regarding my stay. However, this condo is in need of some major T.L.C. I will NEVER stay at this condo ever again.

One more thing. Being one the second floor, and the height of the sand dunes...you hardly can view the beach.

My question is...

Are there any better condos in this building?

2 replies to this topic
Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
408 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aegean, Condo 218

Thanks for posting; I usually stay in Navarre Beach to avoid the crowds and fish the pier. I have told the wife on numerous occasions, however, that the Aegean complex would be a place I would like to try if we ever stay in Destin again.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aegean, Condo 218

The last mention I could find for these condos was back in 2015. Not much is posted about them except that the units are larger than normal. Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry it wasn’t the best vacation. I hope you complained.

Reply to: Aegean, Condo 218
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted