We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delray vs Boca

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
206 reviews
Delray vs Boca

planning a very last minute trip over MLK- looking at these 2 places- possibly the Waldorf Boca vs the Delray Sands- 2 single moms in their 50's-just plan to relax by pool/beach- shop/eat/cocktails- is one more fun that the other- friend that lives in West Palm said Delray is fun! another friend said just back from Boca and loved it!

15 replies to this topic
Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
854 posts
221 reviews
1. Re: Delray vs Boca

Delray is more convenient. Boca is not the same, more difficult to get about without a car. Not the same Downtown vibe.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
206 reviews
2. Re: Delray vs Boca

Ok thx. Is the Seagate nice. Read mixed reviews

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
854 posts
221 reviews
3. Re: Delray vs Boca

Yes, very nice, but on the expensive side. And you can walk to everything or get a ride on the free golf cart lol. Delray is safe late at night. A lot of fun for two ladies.i like Boca, but it is more laid back and behind the gated community style of glamor and upper class. Delray is everything - high end dining, subs at Al's, ice cream at Kilwins or Ben and Jerry's, lots of shopping from souvenirs to fancy pants, and cabana rentals on the beach.

Edited: 23 December 2017, 21:14
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
206 reviews
4. Re: Delray vs Boca

Ok. What other hotel do you recommend then that’s walking distance to beach and Atlantic Avenue Thx

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
854 posts
221 reviews
5. Re: Delray vs Boca

Crane's is nice, too, more of a smaller boutique style. Maybe, less expensive depending in your dates. Try hotels.com for deals. Fairfield just built a new hotel and is less expensive, but it is way down near 95 almost two miles, not walkable really. Hyatt is mid Downtown in the Pineapple Grove area which is nice for night life restaurant row, and still within a mile of the beach over the bridge.

Edited: 23 December 2017, 21:33
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,395 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: Delray vs Boca

+ 1 for Hyatt Place Delray....closer to nightlife on Atlantic Ave, close enough or short Uber ride to beach.

Boca is great when you are ready to pick a retirement community, Delray is more fun (though I call it New Jersey South)...have fun.

Madison WI
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Delray vs Boca

Can you please recommend a beachfront hotel or resort in Delay?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Delray vs Boca

We’ve stayed at the sea gate and loved it, nice to be in a walkable city and still close to the beach. I’m not a boca fan and there is no downtown are unless you count the outdoor mall.

Level Contributor
181 posts
105 reviews
9. Re: Delray vs Boca

Hi. Both towns are very close to each other. I love them both. :-)So I would suggest visiting both. Boca is a bit more upscale and don’t listen to the others, it does have a downtown. From Mizner Park through Sanborn Square, right along Palmetto Park East towards ocean. Downtown Boca is booming as well with a ton of new venues open ...including the Madarin Oriental Hotel. However, Delray is more active, low key....reminds me a bit of Key West. I’d highly recommend the Delray Sands Hotel. Probably one of the nicest beach hotels in the area. A bit trendy looking but very low key and great food.

This location is actually the town of highland beach smack in the middle of Boca & Delray. So you can do both towns.

new york
Level Contributor
585 posts
225 reviews
10. Re: Delray vs Boca

Delray Beach Marriott- right on A1A is a nice property. The Marriott Residence Inn- about 1-1/2 blocks from the beach is also nice and includes free breakfast. Right on Atlantic Avenue and walking distance from restaurants and shopping. Enjoy!

Reply to: Delray vs Boca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Delray Beach
Recent Conversations