We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

Crooksville, Ohio...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

we are doing a family vacation, three older children and my parents, looking for a budget friendly hotel that caters to families, we dont mind the busy part of daytona

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

A few places to check would be the two Holiday Inns on the beachside (I think they're actually a sub-brands), the Bahama House, and maybe Perry's. I generally try to stay at the Hilton if the price happens to be reasonable. That just depends on when you'll be going. You could also look at maybe the top 15 or so hotels as rated by Trip Advisor. Rather than a busy area, you might actually do a little better price-wise in the sleepier areas.

Whatever you do, be sure and check the reviews on any place you're considering. Daytona has a bunch of nice hotels, but some incredibly awful ones as well.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

How long are you staying? Maybe a condo?

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

Be sure to check out daytonabeach.com. Great ideas for sightseeing, attractions and hotels too.

Edited: 25 May 2012, 21:27
Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

Don't waste your time on other places - stay at Perry's Oceanedge Resort! They have 3 pools (2 out, 1 in) and very family-friendly. Check out their website so you can see for yourself. I live in Florida and have tried many different places on the Atlantic but I keep going back to Perrys. They are awesome! You won't be disappointed :)

Tennessee
Level Contributor
71 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

I'll recommend Sun Viking Lodge. They are less than Perry's and a more family oriented hotel. I've stayed in both places.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

3 older children and your parents ?

I am counting 6 here -- I would recommend Ocean Walk Resort.

They have 2 or 3 bedroom condos with a full kitchen and washer - dryer...

- great pools, lazy river, fitness center on the Boardwalk.. near restaurants and pubs.. lots to do in this area...

Find on vrbo or flipkey to rent from owner - probably your best bet for the best deal.

Renata

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
588 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

I'd recommend Shoreline All Suites Inn...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34172-d472170-…

Lindenhurst...
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

I would check into Perry's. They seem to always have a lot of families there and it is a really nice hotel. It's a little dated but clean and has a lot for everyone to do.

Flowery Branch...
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

I highly recommend The Best Western Aku Tiki. Very spacious & extremely clean rooms. We love it there!!!!

Lakeland fl
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in daytona beach florida?

We love Harbour Beach resort but always rent from the vrbo.com site. Its a condotel and can get great deals by renting from individual owners. Huge pool and jacuzzi right in the midst of the fun. we like vrbo.com/97515. we have 8 nights coming up at end of june for just over 600 dollars. Check it out. You can rent several units if you like. Just browse the harbour beach page on vrbo.com.

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach