We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 yr old son's birthday

Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
50 reviews
13 yr old son's birthday

Hi. I need some help! My son will be turning 13 and would like to do something special where maybe he can invite a close friend of his to go somewhere? He's such a videogame junkie and was thinking about Disney Quest, but I've seen many negative reviews here that I'm thinking not. Any ideas? Already explored Busch Gardens as a possibility, but what or where else? Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
1. Re: 13 yr old son's birthday

The Clearwater Aquarium, the Tampa Aquarium, the Great Explorations Museum in St. Pete, Big Cat Rescue in Tampa.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: 13 yr old son's birthday

There are all kinds of activities around FL, and on Clearwater Beach, to keep teens happy. Although I have no idea where would be paradise to video gamers.

How about other parks in the Orlando area? Universal, Disney Animal Kingdom maybe?

Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: 13 yr old son's birthday

Those are all great ideas, but we're already taking a 4 day trip to Orlando in June and doing the Disney Parks, plus I'd rather stay closer to home. I'm thinking now along the lines of possibly just renting a shelter at a local park and having his friends come and set up a football game with cones and such. They can kick a soccer ball, too.

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
558 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: 13 yr old son's birthday

My 13 year old son really enjoyed the Segway tour at the St Pete Pier last year! If you invite just a few of his friends, it can be very affordable. Also, you can find discounts on sites such as Groupon and LivingSocial. Even a gamer will come out to ride a Segway!

http://www.gyroglides.com/

I actually took Mike (turning 14 tomorrow) and two buddies out today to Jump Street, a place with trampolines where they can literally jump off the walls. His fave is the dodge ball court. It's hilarious to see these testosterone driven teen boys facing off and throwing balls at each other all while jumping up and down!!! I imagine there's something similar in Largo or nearby. Then to Lone Star Steakhouse ..... bouncing, hitting other boys with balls, and steak .... what more does a teen boy need ha ha?!

5. Re: 13 yr old son's birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 15:54