We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn on gulfview or Quality Inn?

U.S.
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holiday Inn on gulfview or Quality Inn?

Our family will be going to Clearwater in Sept. My question is which is a better hotel to stay at. The Holiday Inn suites or the Quality Hotel? I have two older kids, 20 and 15, also a 3 year old. I will pay extra for the ocean view to hear the waves! Thanks for the help.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn on gulfview or Quality Inn?

I haven't been to the Quality, and I haven't been to the HI in a few years, but will will list what I can, to try to help you some.

The HI is probably a little nicer. It has had recent renovations. It is a shorter walk to the main beach, and has a fun restaurant and bar with outdoor seating overlooking the water. It is on the water, but only a seawall separates it from the water.

The Quality is a little longer walk to the main beach, just a couple more minutes. But, it has a small beach behind it. It's not a big beach at all, but could be convenient when wanting to just sit and get your toes in the sand, without the walk to the main beach.

Walk to restaurants, bars, shops etc from both.

The view from the HI would be more of the gulf. View from the Q would be more of just the pass (waterway between the bay and gulf) with Sand Key in the background. Balconies at both, which will be nice for sitting and watching the water and boats heading to/from the gulf.

Sorry I don't have more knowledge of the hotels themselves, but I hope this will help you some.

U.S.
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn on gulfview or Quality Inn?

Thanks so much for your help. I was thinking that the view from the Holiday would be the best one, I just needed another opinion from the area.

3. Re: Holiday Inn on gulfview or Quality Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2010, 11:47