We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break w/ Families 2010

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break w/ Families 2010

We have narrowed our SB destinations to a few areas and Clearwater is one of them. There will be two families (ours - 2 boys 7 & 2, thiers 1 boy 8 & girl 4). We like Clearwater for the beaches but my kids really like to spend time at pools on vacation as well. Which resort or other type of accomodation would fit this? A good pool would be one that has a slide, lazy river, or some other features kids would enjoy. Thanks!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break w/ Families 2010

I rarely get to the hotels here so I really don't know which would have those pool amenities, I haven't heard of, or seen any here that have a lazy river. I have heard the pool area at the Marriott is very nice, and it is on Sand Key, which is a quieter area just to the South of CB, but is across a bridge from Clearwater Beach and all the restaurants, shops, beach etc.

While CB is not the large spring break destination it once was, there will still be some spring breakers here so it can be a busy time. The Northern part of the beach will be the quietest, and calmest, as most of the party crowd will be along South Beach.

The Sandpearl Resort is on the Northern part of the beach, and it is set directly on the beach. Is normally a quieter area on the beach, and would usually price-out most of the college crowd, but, again I am not sure what kind of pool area it has. www.sandpearl.com

I think one of the Tradewinds Resorts on St. Pete Beach has a pool with a lazy river, and alot of kid's activities.

2. Re: Spring Break w/ Families 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 11:49
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater
Recent Conversations