We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearwater/St Petes/Treasure Island - Teens

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Clearwater/St Petes/Treasure Island - Teens

We will be traveling to here in August with a 17 and a 18 year old - girls. One of them has never been out of Texas and we want the weekend to be FUN for them. What beach resort would you recommend. My husband and I would love a 2 bedroom place but would settle for a place with a seperate bedroom (it can have both beds in the bedroom)- would like at least queen beds. But...for the girls, we would like other teens, water fun, shopping and fun food places. We'll move inland on Monday. We're using travel points so money is not really a problem.

Wards Seafood Market
Gift & Speciality Shops
Oddities & Antiques
Art Galleries, Antique Stores, Flea & Street Markets
Florida Citrus Country
Gift & Speciality Shops
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearwater/St Petes/Treasure Island - Teens

I would suggest Clearwater Beach first. It is generally a younger crowd than the other areas, plenty of other teens around, and on the beach.

On the beach, the area around Pier60, and South of the Pier will be where most of the younger folks will hang out.

I know the Hilton, and the Sandpearl Resort have suites. These are directly on the beach. Teens would probably prefer the Hilton. It is right on the beach at Pier60, and right in the heart of it all. Balconies overlooking the beach too.

The Sandpearl is a little more upscale, and the beach in that area will be a little quieter, but not dead. And it is a walkable distance to the Hilton and Pier 60.

Plenty of restaurants, shops, bars, the marina, and activities are walkable from just about anywhere on the beach.

For teens, a somewhat distant second choice would be St. Pete Beach, then TI.

Mentioned in this post
Sandpearl Resort
Sandpearl Resort
2,533 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
2. Re: Clearwater/St Petes/Treasure Island - Teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 11:48