We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hampton inn ulmerton road

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
43 reviews
hampton inn ulmerton road

hello ,we are staying at the above hotel for twelve days over new year.we got a great rate and we like the hampton chain.it also seems to be handily placed between all the places we want to visit i.e tampa,clearweater.sarasota.we know ulmerton road is a fairly busy road and no character so to speak off but there seems to be a few restaurants nearby.any recommendations?.also are there any bars(we are mid 50's) nearby that we could walk to?.being from the uk we are used to walking to places!!.cheers john

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: hampton inn ulmerton road

Most of the restaurants in the area are chains, and just about every one seems to be in that area. You do have the general feel for the area correct, and it is central to all the areas you mention you want to visit.

Cracker Barrel is right across the street and is very good, country/family style food. Bascom's Chop House is very near for a more upscale place than most chains. Good for steaks.

The only bars I have been in in that area are the one in the nearby Holiday Inn, and at the airport. I would think there will be some others you could walk to, check with the hotel staff to find more if no one else chimes in here with some.

Another, more upscale restaurant or two in the nearby Icot Business Center, but, sorry, I'm not real familiar with them. Again, hopefully the staff at the hotel could give you more info on them. But at Icot, and Bascom's, will give you a few more upscale options over the chains.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: hampton inn ulmerton road

thanks for that markbee.just had a look at bascoms web site.looks tasty think we may book new years eve dinner there.and good old cracker barrel my wife loves their food so that was another reason we booked the hampton.we can just walk across the road to it!.another thought will there be any new year celebrations in clearwater maybe fireworks,bands down by the beach etc.thanks john

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: hampton inn ulmerton road

I'm sure there will be, but haven't seen any specifics yet. Being in that area, you will be a quicker drive to First Night on the Downtown St. Pete waterfront for New Years. Looks like they won't have the particulars listed till Nov, but here is the site www.firstnightstpete.com .This is a large waterfront New Years celebration with live music, food, parties etc.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: hampton inn ulmerton road

thanks again.first night in st pete's seems ideal for us.cheers john

5. Re: hampton inn ulmerton road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater