We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This Week's Weather - Rain??

Kansas City
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
This Week's Weather - Rain??

Looks like a good chance of rain this week in Clearwater Beach...can anyone give me an idea of what the weather's been like the last couple of days, and what the actual chance for lots of rain (and no sunshine!) is?

Supposed to leave tomorrow. Thanks!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: This Week's Weather - Rain??

There is about a 40% chance of rain the next few days. This is normal for this time of the year. Normally, it will rain for an hour or two sometime in the afternoon, then it will be sunny again. All day rains are pretty rare, should be plenyy of sun.

Missouri
Level Contributor
222 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: This Week's Weather - Rain??

I'm concerned about this, also. We leave next Tuesday. They have dropped the chance of rain on Wed. and Thurs. from 70-80% to 40-50%. Mark, your post did make me feel better.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: This Week's Weather - Rain??

I see 50% for next Tues. This time of year, there is always a potential of rain. Just when you start getting too hot, the rain comes to cool you off. Then, you can hit the beach again!!

Missouri
Level Contributor
222 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: This Week's Weather - Rain??

Thanks Mark. I see they have changed the chance to 60% now. What does that mean in FL weather terms?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: This Week's Weather - Rain??

Technically, it means that 60% of the area will see rain, 40% will not.

This time of year, odds are, you will get some rain during a weeks visit. Could be just one day, or, could be everyday. But, it usually is sunny, then it rains for an hour or so in the afternoon, then sunny again.

The Gulf seabreeze, coliding with the Atlantic Seabreeze coming accross the state, is usually the cause. Wherever these colide, the showers/storms will pop up.

6. Re: This Week's Weather - Rain??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater