We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Non-Chain Place to Stay in Clearwater!

se
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Non-Chain Place to Stay in Clearwater!

Hello!

We were sooo excited about staying in Clearwater over this holiday weekend, but have had ZERO success finding a place! Everyone is booked!

We have 2 small kids and are so excited about the white sand, clear water, and sea shells!! We want to drive down from Atlanta, see the mermaids, and then camp out in Clearwater!

We see the prices in Clearwater for one bedroom apartments/efficiency units are very affordable.

We are sadly giving up our hope of coming this weekend since everyone's booked, but want to come back later and do it correctly!

What is the most fun, colorful, cheerful, non-chain place to stay in Clearwater? Ideally, we'd love to be on some type of water - the ocean itself, or on the bay, w/in walking distance to the beach! We just want water! Oh, and a pool - definitely a pool!

Which place has the most character? We'd love to make a reservation!

Thank you so, so much, and happy 4th!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Non-Chain Place to Stay in Clearwater!

A couple places to look at are Barefoot Bay Resort, or the Sea Captain Resort. Both are on the bay and just a few minute walk to the main beach and the Pier60 area, which is in the heart of the beach. Have heard good reviews of both.

On the North end of the beach is Royal North Beach Hotel. Have heard from folks staying there that they really liked it .

se
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Non-Chain Place to Stay in Clearwater!

Hello! Thank you!

We just got in on a cancellation - I can't believe it!

We got in at the Parker Manor Resort!

Does anyone know anything about it? We're excited! It is on the bay and just 1.5 blocks to the beach -- We are getting an actual 1 bedroom apartment for just $90 a night!!! And it has the pool we want!

Atlanta, GA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Non-Chain Place to Stay in Clearwater!

Please let me know about your experience - I have also booked a 2 br apt there for next month. I will be in the Tampa area for a family reunion with my mom and 2 kids and this looked like a nice place. I'm curious to know more about it as there is only one review online.

thanks

se
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Non-Chain Place to Stay in Clearwater!

Sure! We're going down from Atlanta, too!

se
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Non-Chain Place to Stay in Clearwater!

Ahh, it was the best place there BY FAR!

We looked at all the others that were top on the reviewed list - half of them, I wouldn't have entered.

I will write a review of it - it was by far the best place there. We had a wonderful time!

6. Re: Best Non-Chain Place to Stay in Clearwater!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater