Save Topic
Ppmaiden live in clearwater . part two.

Hi guys so the second part of our holiday began on Monday. After a busy week in orlando we were truefully happy to be heading to clearwater beach. Had a great drive down which took 1.40 hours..great water scenery each side of the road.

So we're now at the sandpearl.

Lovely hotel but checking in was a right pain in the $ss.

Three times we trailed to see different "upgraded" rooms to return each time to the lobby.

I had booked an upgraded water view originally but I don't think a view of garbage cans smelling of fish and a noisy generator qualifys as a water view. Next room was a wraparound balcony.. View was of a solid concrete roof. you had to look round a wall to see the beach..so 4th time back to the lobby.

Now I'm pushed to the limit. off hubby goes to phone BA for advise. Manager gave "another" upgrade..um. but finally we are sorted. Upgraded to an enormous suite with a limited water view. The best bit is that we have a full kitchen including laundry room. We are able to prepare our own breakfast.

Yesterday, we spent at the pool..it was very very hot. Definitely no rain. We shared lunch of a pulled pork sandwich and home made chips (crisps) very tasty. We charged this and a few beers to the room but mainly we took water and soda with us to save money.

Dinner was at blinkers..best meal of the whole holiday by a long way. We both had rib eye steak, baked potatoes, honey roast carrots, string onions..2 diet cokes and 2 x beers total with tip was $90. Great food and service.

At surfside bar there was live music so we sat on bar stools and just chilled out..bill was only $12 for 2x diet cokes, 2x bud lites and 2x whiskey/sprite. Shocked that the bill was so low but did check with the bartender who said it was right. Guess we'll be back!!

Really like cLearwater, seems loads to do, good mix of bars and restaurants. Happy!!