We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend of rain??

St. Cloud Minnesota
Level Contributor
570 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend of rain??

Local opinions please arriving tomorrow for 5 nights and the forecast calls for Thunderstorms Fri- Sun 😑☹️ Ugh please tell me different!! This will be 10th Year visiting in the month of May always beautiful weather! Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend of rain??

You're worryin about nothing. We are in the midst of a severe drought, and while we who live here would LOVE the thought of some rain to ease the wildfires an dead landscapes, the reality is that it ain't gonna happen any time soon. As of this morning, it's just a 30% chance of rain, and it's not even suppose to do that all day.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend of rain??

Not even 30% around here (south Hills.co) ... 10% for the rest of the week with high temps in the low 90sF.

Edited: 16 May 2017, 17:33
St. Cloud Minnesota
Level Contributor
570 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend of rain??

I'm really sorry I didn't realize that that area was a much-needed a brain or I wouldn't of been whining about it! Thanks for the reply though.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend of rain??

No problem, MaryBethR. There hasn't been a lot of national coverage on the drought in Florida (or at least the news that I've been watching).

There was actually a story a few days ago that Florida is experiencing the type of drought that hit California years ago. A lot of wildfires throughout the state - awful!

Just keep Floridians - and those of us who visit & love the state - in your prayers. Have a safe trip!

Edited: 17 May 2017, 00:49
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend of rain??

No, it's nothing like the California droughts -- we were well above the historical averages just last summer -- but it's been an uncommonly dry winter. It's also pretty isolated -- the north is getting rain, and the worst of the drought is a swath through central Florida. It's a pretty normal cycle for Florida, just more extreme than usual -- but not even historical (yet).

And unlike California, we know that the rainy season is on its way -- we just have to try to be patient until it manifests (weather guy is saying mid-late June as I type)

Reply to: Weekend of rain??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater