We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels? driving?

11 posts
Save Topic
hotels? driving?

I'm researching my first vaca as a solo parent w/ kids ages 5 and 10. I have the flight/budget all picked and i'm looking at 3 hotels. Holiday Inn Htel & Suites Clearwater beach, Barefoot Beach Resort or the Postcard Inn .....any advice regarding these- i need to choose one and like all others, there's great and awful reviews? I'm nervous to rent a car and drive, how is the traffic in this area? Easy to navigate? I'm asuming they're all within walking distance to little restaurants?

2 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels? driving?

I would choose HI Clearwater as it is more accessible to beach, restaurants , activities, the vast majority in walking distance and you will not need a car! Use UBER to go to anywhere not in walking disrance.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels? driving?

Traffic can be nightmarish in Clearwater Beach at certain times of the day/week. Like bonIl posted, I'd recommend just staying at the aforementioned resort and using Uber when you need to travel off-site. Also, you'll be saving on car rental fees AND more than likely parking fees.

Reply to: hotels? driving?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted