We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels? driving?

Wisconsin
12 posts
hotels? driving?

I'm researching my first vaca as a solo parent w/ kids ages 5 and 10. I have the flight/budget all picked and i'm looking at 3 hotels. Holiday Inn Htel & Suites Clearwater beach, Barefoot Beach Resort or the Postcard Inn .....any advice regarding these- i need to choose one and like all others, there's great and awful reviews? I'm nervous to rent a car and drive, how is the traffic in this area? Easy to navigate? I'm asuming they're all within walking distance to little restaurants?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: hotels? driving?

I would choose HI Clearwater as it is more accessible to beach, restaurants , activities, the vast majority in walking distance and you will not need a car! Use UBER to go to anywhere not in walking disrance.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
197 reviews
2. Re: hotels? driving?

Traffic can be nightmarish in Clearwater Beach at certain times of the day/week. Like bonIl posted, I'd recommend just staying at the aforementioned resort and using Uber when you need to travel off-site. Also, you'll be saving on car rental fees AND more than likely parking fees.

3. Re: hotels? driving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2018, 11:49
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater